Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Gasket to lower my Compression.

11:5:1 is my compression on my K20A. and Im Boosted. Im running at 6PSI.

I want at least 8 or so, I plan on upgrading the Pulley and Injectors and with my compression low I can get more HP :)

Please HELP!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
itsrsxxxrated said:
Looking for a Gasket to lower my Compression.

11:5:1 is my compression on my K20A. and Im Boosted. Im running at 6PSI.

I want at least 8 or so, I plan on upgrading the Pulley and Injectors and with my compression low I can get more HP :)

Please HELP!!
sorry by using the 2mm metal gasket you can gain only 2point lower compression as i said from 11.5 to aroung 9.8 or something. My self using a 9:8:1 Piston Lower down to 8:5:1 Compression or you can change to normal rsx piston that only 9:8:1 compression

The metal gasket you can get a new only and go laser cut ....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ongwoeiluen said:
sorry by using the 2mm metal gasket you can gain only 2point lower compression as i said from 11.5 to aroung 9.8 or something. My self using a 9:8:1 Piston Lower down to 8:5:1 Compression or you can change to normal rsx piston that only 9:8:1 compression

The metal gasket you can get a new only and go laser cut ....
Thanks man Where do I get that??

and you said It'll lower my compression from 11:5 to 9:8????

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
itsrsxxxrated said:

Please HELP!!
You make more HP per a pound of boost with higher compression... So I don't know why you said "with my compression low I can get more HP :)".

Just leave it where it is and spend a few extra hundred getting it tuned really good.

Thats what i would do... :dance:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
itsrsxxxrated said:
and you said It'll lower my compression from 11:5 to 9:8????

NO that is not ture no one makes it...and it's just not worth all the work just for .2point...

that means all you are going to get it 11:3.1 :down:

What jon v said, get it tuned right and you are done..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.