Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's, I was lashing the valves on the Z3 head today and happened to notice that the upper cam chain guide looked different to the one on the bench from the A2 head. The one on the engine is for the K20Z3(06'-07'Si) and it bolts onto the A2 and A3 head as well.

So next time the VC comes off add this for a added piece of mind for your high RPM ventures. Part# 14540-RWC-A02 (updated part# for 07' Z3 head)

The A2/A3 upper chain guide is in my hand, notice the shorter length of the plastic guide!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Nice find! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll wait for the mugen counterpart! :p
Wait a second, where is that spare Mugen label,,,, Ah, now we have a Mugen chain guide,,, 80$ please! LOL

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
The 07 CRV has a different part number for the upper cam chain guide however the 07 accord has the same part number. Just thought I would look for the hell of it not sure if it makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
709 Posts
cool find, I'm going to order one...
I wonder why the '07 Si has a different part# though: 14540-RWC-A02

·
Registered
149 Posts
mine comes monday woot:up:
changing this out, along with a new lower chain guide, that CNC chain guard, toda tensioner, and new chain. Car should be good to go

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good Find!!! I wonder if the k20z1 uses the same guide as the k20a2/3 uses.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
cool find, I'm going to order one...
I wonder why the '07 Si has a different part# though: 14540-RWC-A02
That part number at Acura is for the 07 RDX too.....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
14540-RWC-A02 use that part number.. i used talon's original number and got a small one same size as my original.
Yes, so very sorry about that. I have updated the first post, and thank you for pointing that out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I actually got this installed on build too. Thanks for the info. :up:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts