Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured i would try out this thread i didn't see one on k20a so i figured i would give it a shot.....Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any long term issues with their kswap. Seeings how this is a motor going into a different car, and the long term problems are not shown until later down the road after driving the car alot. Anyone have any issues that arrived after the swap and any corrections that the new kswappers can fix before it happens to them thanks for the help.:up::cool::up:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. I was just wondering because i read some where that the clutch pedal needed a stopper or something otherwise the clutch starts eating away at the crank or something like that i don't really remember. Lets see if their are any others.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Hmm we have had a few chassis going on 5 years with a kswap with no problems. Of course they get new motors and new parts periodically for testing etc but overall its just as good as day one.

As for the clutch, I did have a customer running 10's with about 800whp who used a crazy twin disk setup and had some issues with the crank and thrust washers but for the average user you should have no problem at all with the clutch pedal and it does not need a stop etc. (in the end turned out the clutch mfg sent him the wrong part)

I mean for the clutch to eat at the crank there would need to be something seriously wrong not to mention your flywheel would be gone.

Good luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool....Thanks for all the input, i just didn't see this covered much so i figured i would ask.:cool:

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
I kept breaking axles with EKK1's. Also had a problem with oil pans and destrying them:silly: I destroyed my stock a2 oil pan hitting a pothole and it even blew my airbags:down: I have a stack of oil pans now cuz I know i'll go through them. Before I took my car off the street, I had used 4 oil pans. What else....oh yea, not speeding is hard too, easy to rack up tickets. thats definitely a long term issue and problem :p :driving:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Also had a problem with oil pans and destrying them:silly: I destroyed my stock a2 oil pan hitting a pothole and it even blew my airbags:down: I have a stack of oil pans now cuz I know i'll go through them. Before I took my car off the street, I had used 4 oil pans.
I don't think that with 17 inch wheels you will have an issue with the oil pans.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
I don't think that with 17 inch wheels you will have an issue with the oil pans.
wheel size does matter a little bit, the car will sit a little higher, about an inch and a quarter, I actually measured it. I bashed the oil pans too when I was pretty low on my 15" m7's. car wasnt dumped, but pretty low. the ekk2's will help now though because it will sit the motor more between the wheels and not so foward in the bay anymore like the ekk1's, ya know :up:

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
wheel size does matter a little bit, the car will sit a little higher, about an inch and a quarter, I actually measured it.
rim size doesn't matter. If you measured a difference of 1.25" then you had the wrong sized wheel package on your car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea i have heard about the oil pans being a problem, I have an integra so i am hoping it wont have to much of a problem seeings how roads in PA are not the greatest around. But i hope that if i be careful i wont go threw to many. But with the plus sizing deal i think that if you plus size wheels and tires it will always be taller, just depends on how much. I remember messing with this calculator thing that you put in the dimensions of the wheels and tires and it gave you some other measurements and all, and when you plus size the wheels the overall size went up.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I must check my mounts so, i have had to replace one as it cracked, but this was due to in proper installation of the company that did my swap,

Ive also gone through an oil sump, there was nothing left of the underneath of it when i got it replace, had to get a new one from Honda,
I had looked into a dry sump, but for the price i was given €3500 i couldnt justify paying that for what i use the car for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts