Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete k20z1 cylinder head I have had sitting for some time, when I decided to take a look at the head it seems I lost 2 of the locking pins with the springs in them.

I have a spare k24a4 head as well and the pin and spring are different (bigger).

As stated in the title, I know you cant buy the locking pins in the rocker arm assembly seperately at the dealer, you need to buy the complete rocker arm, so I figured I would give this a shot.

Anyone know if they are sold aftermarket? I have never had to look for these parts before, I have searched and didnt come up on anything, Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Those pins are hone fitted to each individual rocker assembly. I have seen rockers assembled from spares not function reliably.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, only way is buy the whole assembly lol, te jodite :p

Estoy jodido!

Ill see what I can come up on, I know I can cut the spring on the k24a4 pin which just happens to be a little longer, but the actual pin I will be on the hunt for.

If anyone see's this thread and has a couple locking pins with springs in them for a k20/a2/z1/z3 (dont know if the tsx has the same pin/springs) PM me if your interested in selling.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I had this same problem. The only way honda sells them is with a set of rockers. I had my cousin who's a mechanical for John Crane, find me a simular spring that they stock. But the spring he got me is slightly stiffer, so I don't know if it'll work. Honda is very precise with the Vtec setup on their motors. Try searching for spring manufactors and give them a call with the dimensions of the spring you need and see if they can make one for you. Though that might cost you as much as just buying a new rocker set from Honda.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a bunch lmk what u need exacly

Pm'd

I had this same problem. The only way honda sells them is with a set of rockers. I had my cousin who's a mechanical for John Crane, find me a simular spring that they stock. But the spring he got me is slightly stiffer, so I don't know if it'll work. Honda is very precise with the Vtec setup on their motors. Try searching for spring manufactors and give them a call with the dimensions of the spring you need and see if they can make one for you. Though that might cost you as much as just buying a new rocker set from Honda.

Well I will try to find other alternatives in fixing the problem. If any of them do not work out I will consider this..

Iam pretty shure some one locally has to have a few, I hope.

·
Banned
23 Posts
go to your local acura dealership and thay don't have it.call the delray florida 561-243-3620 thay are the top seller's in acura part's in florida.:D:D

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Those pins are hone fitted to each individual rocker assembly. I have seen rockers assembled from spares not function reliably.
So I disassembled the cylinder head. Set aside the rocker assembly and some of the pins fell out. These pins are location specific? 5 fell out so I pressumed Im fcuked. :eek: ???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts