Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for everyone. I have friend who had his SI stolen and he was told by one of our friends that they can track the motor. Has anyone heard anything about this. If so let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
civictyper99 said:
I have a question for everyone. I have friend who had his SI stolen and he was told by one of our friends that they can track the motor. Has anyone heard anything about this. If so let me know. Thanks!
Theres not vin on the block, My block has the engine code then and bunch of numbers in the front of the code.

I just looked at the helms manual does'nt say the vins on there.

If the engine taken out and put into another car they wont be able to see it, its on the back.

Now ifs its a whole car, the VIN is in several places on the body.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes from the factory there is a vin plate on the block. It's on the back if I remember correctly right above the oil pan. But it can be removed .Its held on with sheer bolts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If a member of law enforcement were interested enough in a motor they came across, it would be possible to trace it back to the original car, even without the vin plate attached. Manufacturer's computer records keep track of engine numbers as assigned to specific cars when they are new - to verify this, go take a look at one of the new car sheets that is attached to the window of the car at a dealership. They have the engine number on them.

BTW, it is against the law to remove a vehicle id number, so if you run across a motor/etc that has had one removed, there are very few reasons as to why that would have happened legally. :!:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
k20girl said:
Yes from the factory there is a vin plate on the block. It's on the back if I remember correctly right above the oil pan. But it can be removed .Its held on with sheer bolts.

Helms shows everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts