Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting wheels and also change a set of lock wheel bolts, like red shell or something, 40mm or 45mm (need to measure up still) but I've read a few posts on here about damage caused by them.

Anyone had any experience with wheel bolts? Any downsides to them?

I've done a bit of reading and this post said that light wheel bolts are better than ordinary wheel bolts, not very sure but I think it’s real.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,086 Posts
I've done a bit of reading and this post said that light wheel bolts are better than ordinary wheel bolts, not very sure but I think it’s real.
Like the posters said, that is not worth any added money, nor for improving the vertical dynamic neither for the inertia reduction. As a rule of thump, the higher the rotated weight or as more far it is from rotating center the more it is worth it is to reduce it's weight. On the axis this would be e.g. lightweight tyres and rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I won't beat the dead horse - every one else hit this dead on. I will add this:

When you are getting new tires for your new wheels also pay attention to how many ply's the tires are and their weight. Some tires are way heavier than others - it is usually tied back to the speed rating and the treadwear of the tire. This will make a huge difference as well because like @LotusElise said the further away from the axis of rotation the larger the impact it will have. The tire is the furthest thing out there - every gram counts!

Nick
AM2 Racing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts