Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car hasn't ran since it had the k20a2 swap that I did back in 07. Some time back in 2k10 I pulled it out and attempted a k24 build in this thread http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76155 . I got pretty close but ended up parting it out. :alone:

With some motivation from friends and a trip to Honda Day 2k13 last year in Orlando I decided it was time to try again.

After the 2k10 part out the hatch hit rock bottom. It sat outside for a while till the clear coat dried up and cracked. Then she made it back inside the garage where random shit started to pile up on top of her. Depressing as fck...

Got to work

Then I realized I had no tools :wwhat: 75 bucks later at HF and...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought about what I wanted to do with the engine this time around. Was about to go all out NA and fully build it so I bought some DC 4.5's but thought about it some more and realized I wanted to get the car running as soon as possible so I'm going stock bottom end for now. I'll need new cams again :facepalm:

K20Z3 donor swap, pulled the head and tranny. Sold the bottom end.

OS 09 TSX Pistons

TSX Rods

ACL bearings that came with some scratched up mains. I'm still using them though fck it

ACL's are all on the loose end, rods too

New hardware for everything. Rod bolts main bolts head bolts etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
are u planing on use the DC cams?? you should, i think you can make some power with that block. put some flat valves and spring and retainers!! just my :twocents:. (dont know how much power, but DC stage4 work really good on a stock k24.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Proof?:blur:

really!!! that is all u do!!! argue about things!!! the way i said it is because he already has those cams why dont give it a try. if he put some flat valves his comp should be close to 12 so is not that bad! PROOFI HAVE THE PROOF! not sharing anything thanks.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
really!!! that is all u do!!! argue about things!!! the way i said it is because he already has those cams why dont give it a try. if he put some flat valves his comp should be close to 12 so is not that bad! PROOFI HAVE THE PROOF! not sharing anything thanks.
Lol ok secret service, keep the confidential info :thud: I wasn't arguing at all, I was curious but my bad, damm:raisins:

Flat valves will not raise compression that high. Those cams are way too big for a stock block.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lol ok secret service, keep the confidential info :thud: I wasn't arguing at all, I was curious but my bad, damm:raisins:

Flat valves will not raise compression that high. Those cams are way too big for a stock block.
on this case they are a bit higher, 11. i think. 09 tsx pistons. if he resuface the head and throw in some flat he migth be lokking at a 11.5 maybe. it will be a good test. if he still got the cams?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dam dude! I remember you from way back in the day hurting them feelings out at sunoco...Really one of the first swaps out in the area.

This guy traded you those ITB's for that hogged out RBC way back when.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts