Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got a k swap, and my build is ready to go..... but first a little background on my car......

here is a pic from a few years back before i moved back to the NW from socal

it was swapped with a ls and a turbo kit, was fun but the laws suck in CA.

so, moved back to WA and the car really just sat in the garage. i started collecting parts, and building a motor

sleeved ls/vtec with a gt35r and some full race goods

some other random pics of the car...

so while i started building the motor on the side, i decided to tuck, and re-spray the bay....
started takin stuff off

dash..

i usually roll solo while working on my car so this is how to remove a b series by yourself with no hoist:up:

drop that ish to the ground

unbolt the motor

drop it on a skate

jack the car back up and vioala:wow:

ewwwww that shit was nasty... so some sanding/ primer was layed

and in the end

cant do the bay without doing the interior so...... old and busted

new hotness:up:

cleaning up some parts -before and after of the headlights

installed

somewhere in between all of this madness i reloomed the headlight harness and tucked it away

put the ls back in

some recent pics of the car and how it sits:D

a picture of my pride and joy:wow:

and the k series saga begins:up:

my first official day of work on the k got me here:p
lookin brand new......

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lookin clean, what did you do to get your tranny that clean? please do share:up:
Well, lots of cleaner and rags, sandpaper, some primer, high heat paint, about half a day, and a blunt or a few beers(or both).

Take your time and it will shine like new
:up:

·
Premium Member
15,764 Posts
Nice... did you buy that carpet or paint it? If you painted i want to know exactly how you did it :p

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Looks good, the blunts do wonders...

The only thing I don't like is the Cusco cage...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good, the blunts do wonders...

The only thing I don't like is the Cusco cage...
yeah im not really to fond of the cusco cage myself, i had ordered the safety21 cage, but was getting the run around for like 5 months:down:, so i returned it and got an INCREDIBLE deal on the cusco, so i didnt turn it down. custom cage from racetech in OR will be the super bling cuscos replacement, after i finish my swap of coarse:p

as far as the carpet it was not painted, its from jcwhitney- they custom make to fit almost any car, all you have to do is cut the holes for shifter/seat bolts etc. not to expensive either:up:

and yes the tranny was painted- but dont get it twisted, i didnt just slap some paint on there- that pic is after like 5 hours of work- and yes the block and head will get the same treatment......

if someone would enlighten me on how to do multiple quotes when i'm responding that would be great

thanks for the :up: peeps

1 - 20 of 374 Posts