Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 94 eg hatch and this summer im doing a k20 swap.i was wonderin if it will pass ref and smogg???in sacramento, cali
i would just like 2 know before doin the swap :p

ps.im gettin a jdm type r k20 :shock:

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
I dont think any JDM motor would pass smog as they are not as tough regulated in japan as they are here. Plus i think it would be illegal to have a Japaneese motor in your car(based on the DMV) as they also know they dont pass smog. A Type S swap possibley.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will be able to ref a USDM type s motor but not a JDM motor in cali. Give MIDNITE PERFORMANCE a call. They will help you get your motor reffed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep called them up and thay said that no eg's can pass ref w/ a k20 even with the usdm type s wont pass....people tried but just will not happen :(

but w.e. ima get a jdm b18c5 instead :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was talking to Warren from Midnight yesterday and he said its possible to get it ref but it was going to cost G's. But since your getting a C5 it doesnt really matter anymore. Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
what do u need to pass ref that cash can fix ? :wow: need to know before I put type-s in my 92hatch!!!!!!!!! yellowman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.