Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

How much would you pay for a k20a swap into a EG/Ek/DC/DA that will meet BAR standards in california

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just trying to get an idea how much people would pay for this. It is a lot of work to make this swap legal to California standards so please understand the price and please answer honestly.

The price includes

K20a Motor
US RSX Type S ECU
complete OBD-II conversion
Hybrid Racing Motor Mounts
Hybrid Racing Axles
Hybrid Racing Clutch line
Hybrid Racing Radiator Package (radiator and FAL slim fan)
B/D series coolant temp sensor and fan switch
Complete Fuel System
Custom Fit Fuel lines
OEM RSX shifter Box or Modified Accord shifter box
RSX Shifter Cables
Shifter linkage Clips
AEM Intake
'04 Accord Exhaust Manifold
Throttle cable
EP3 pulley and belt
Labor

Remember, this set up WILL pass california BAR certification. I know most of you will see the prices and want to vote for the lowest price (and that is okay). Just vote for what you honestly think it is worth. Thanks for your help. :)

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Kind of complicated question in my opinion because different choices on K swaps, different motors, different install costs etc...

Maybe a more fair question would be, how much would you pay to get your K hybrid bared?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying to see the market potential for shops right now. That is the reason I asked the question. It's a no hassle job for the user.

You drop your car off at the shop for a couple days and make an appointment for the BAR certification and violla. No HASSLE :). The Motor can be changed, you dont really need to have that certain swap. It's a general question. Just trying to figure it out. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
thats kinda hard to say... all in all you get what you pay for...want to pay cheap then you will get a cheap swap....if you really want to get a clean swap then price shouldn't be an issue..because its what you want..as for turning an obd1 car to obd2 that may cost a lot of money...gotta find someone who knows what they are doing or else there gunna make you pay for their mistakes.... more $$$$ just my 2 cents...... as for your question i'd guess about 10k without labor and parts for the obd2 swap....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K20DC2R said:
thats kinda hard to say... all in all you get what you pay for...want to pay cheap then you will get a cheap swap....if you really want to get a clean swap then price shouldn't be an issue..because its what you want..as for turning an obd1 car to obd2 that may cost a lot of money...gotta find someone who knows what they are doing or else there gunna make you pay for their mistakes.... more $$$$ just my 2 cents...... as for your question i'd guess about 10k without labor and parts for the obd2 swap....
This wouldnt be a half ass job. If the k20a motor was in the EG/DC2/DA/EK from the factory.... this swap would look like it was straight out of the factory.

·
Registered
285 Posts
everyone's always looking for the best deal, so i said 10g. it's probally is worth more, but i wouldnt pay so much to have it BAR legal.

·
Registered
348 Posts
K2e2vin said:
everyone's always looking for the best deal, so i said 10g. it's probally is worth more, but i wouldnt pay so much to have it BAR legal.
actually in california it would be worth it...its a 550 dollar ticket everytime if you get popped......after 2 times its already 1100...thats what it might cost to bar....and its not so easy to slap another b to smog after a K swap...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ek9hatchie98 said:
so if doing it in a 98 dx ek do u still have to convert the obd2 harness,
or is it already a obd2
no, you wouldnt have to convert that to OBD-II.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey i'm from 818 reseda/van nuys. so the thursday meets are in porter ranch? they were on devonshire/reseda for a while, no?

ps. what do u mean when the krx was in existance? is it no more?

·
Registered
20 Posts
between those two spots it bounces around.. usually some ppl go to porter ranch then later on come to reseda/ devonshire.. as for the crx.. theres a thread on it i think in detail on what happened to it. but for sure its sold off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
North County here... i think $9,000 is a fair price... figure $3500 for the motor/tranny/ecu and accessories (throttle, linkage, etc) and another $3500 for the hybrid racing equipment package (mounts, harness, etc), then $2000 for labor... just my cheap ass' $0.02 :roll:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts