Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1064 Posts

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042 (Edited)
Can't believe it's been almost 6yrs you're at this thing lol
Was trying to build hopes and dreams with no money A.K.A a shit job at the time!

Anyway here's what's been keeping me busy :fuuu:

So rsx I bought September 2014 was giving me problems right from the jump, rod bearing were cooked. Fixed that....then fast forward to January 2nd 2015..on the way to work, not even a block from my house doing about 15mph car dies and does not start back up. Had to get it towed home

Dropped the engine and found right away what the problem was, also found that the motor had head studs in it, so I have no idea what abuse this motor has been through

So I sent the head out to get repaired, supertech valves, springs, retainers, valve guides, the whole works. Then picked up this 07 TSX motor with 52K miles on it, complete virgin :nod:

Then did the type S oil pump upgrade while I was at it

This is before I did the type S head swap last week, I'll be finishing it up this weekend

So here's the parts list

07 K24a2

Type S Head with full supertech valve train

Drag cartel 2.2 cams

Xessive side feed 74mm intake manifold

S90 74mm throttle body

DPI 550cc injectors

Skunk2 rsx race header (yea I know)

Still need to get exhaust, K pro and that should be it for the engine ish, misc stuff after that, should be a fun street car after its tuned :notbad:

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047 (Edited)
Thanks guys, just need to get this running! Also have the paint Job money put to the side already, just have to see when the painter is available :nod:

Type S head is on, putting cams in hopefully on Friday night then button everything back up :nod:

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,054
:Ookay: I don't want to either, but looking at it realistically I have Thousands left to spend on this thing when I haven't touched it in since I got this rsx, which I'm getting rid of also, once it's paid off.

I'm keeping the mugen stuff. Just car and motor are going. That's if someone actually buy's it :coleman:

·
Recaro Fiend
8,418 Posts
:Ookay: I don't want to either, but looking at it realistically I have Thousands left to spend on this thing when I haven't touched it in since I got this rsx, which I'm getting rid of also, once it's paid off.

I'm keeping the mugen stuff. Just car and motor are going. That's if someone actually buy's it :coleman:
Gotta do what you gotta do man!

Im shocked you kept the RSX this long with the headaches its given you.

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,056
Only reason I've kept it is because I still have payments to make on it ( unless there's a way around that) ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
:wwhat: Damnnn man. Not gonna lie but I was definitely looking forward to the completion of this build. Like someone else said. "Gotta do what you gotta do". But good luck with whatever route you go.

1041 - 1060 of 1064 Posts