Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to do this, but either it's not common or my google skills are failing me.

Here is what I have
  • 05 TSX K24a2
  • 02 RSX Type S transmission
  • 05-06 RSX Type S harness
  • KTuner Swap ECU (05-06 ECU)
  • Hasport DC2 conversion harness KTuner specific (DCWK-1)

My question comes down to the VSS. I know the 02-04 VSS is different from the 05-06 VSS and therefore the plugs/signals are different. What do I need in order to make this all work together? I can swap the 02-04 VSS plug on to the 05-06 harness easy enough but what are the pinout/colors to match? Do I need a converter for the signal going to the ECU or does Ktuner have some way to handle this? I believe this answer is KTuner will handle it due to the info here: KTuner.com • View topic - KTuner swap FAQ

Craig - Who hates wiring

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,979 Posts
Craig - Who hates wiring
Hi Craig, who hates wiring :D!

05 tranny 02-04 harness ?? | Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum
DIY: a 05+ VSS/Transmission with an 02-04 Harness | Page 3 | Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum
05-06 tranny with 02-04 ecu harness +s2k | Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum

Best thing is learn wiring and make it your friend 😉. First step get an overview and sort out the mess of not knowing what is what for. The more you understand about what the wires are for, the more you understand things must get done right for the job to bring your drive experience into the fun zone.

Markus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Markus. Unfortunately, most of those links are for the other direction (05+ tranny/VSS) or they talk about swapping the case which I was hoping to avoid. Fortunately, after talking to a few individuals include the guy that will tune my car and whom I bought the Ktuner, the only thing needed in this situation is to re-pin the 05-06 harness VSS plug to match the 02-04 vss. The KTuner ECU has the option to read either style of VSS.

I'm still piecing this whole thing together so I can't confirm just yet, but I'll follow up on this thread when I do for others.

Craig - Who will always hate wiring

PS, here are the VSS pin-out for those that may be looking

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your trans is low frequency, your ECU is high frequency. Convert the VSS into a signal it can read. I used a Dakota Digital SGI-5e to do the opposite of your setup. '06 Accord trans to an '02-04 Kpro to run in my '00 Insight. Took some trial and error but now my speedo is more accurate than it was at the factory.

Mak - who hates wiring as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just read your last reply. If Ktuner reads either signal then you can repin in theory and be done. It's been too long ago since I had Ktuner to remember all the specifics. It ran my '06 Accord trans no sweat bc they are the same frequency.

Mak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts