Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 94 Civic EG that's kswapped and I seem to randomly be getting a misfire when I plant my foot to the floor. When its idling and cruising along it runs perfect, it's only when I accelerate hard. Vtec will engage too but it misfires through that and doesn't sound nice. I get hesitation and loss of power from low rpm through the rev gauge. It judders, misfires and sometimes finds power, then loses it again.

I'm running a stock UK ep3 ECU with deimmo chip, my fuel pressure is set to 55psi and my spark plugs are brand new iridiums but they're black so i know I'm not running lean.

I've also noticed that it only happens when the engine gets warm. When its warming up or just hit temp, it pulls hard with no misfire all the way through to redline with vtec.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe open loop running is too rich? Does it black smoke on full throttle?

Does your fuel pressure sit steady right through the misfire?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes but you didn't answer my other questions. Is fuel pressure steady through all running conditions?
Does it black smoke on full throttle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah fuel pressure fluctuates when It hits limiter. I've dropped pressure down to 50psi and still misfires. No, it doesn't black smoke.

I have P1298 error on the ecu along with o2 but that's just cause of decat on stock ecu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts