Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seriously? Because that's exactly what I'm going to run. An RBC... sigh... Great.....

Anything I can do to get around that? I am going with a k20a2 tb. My RBC is not cut yet, to mock so.

I have ek with a mishimoto rsx full size (very good price on amazon) radiator, rbc. I am using the k-tuned traction bar with the lower radiator mounts. I cut the factory lower mounts off. To take care of clearance problem I trimmed the upper hose shorter. I can take a pic tonight. Right now I am using a homemade bracket to hold the top. I also had to deny the good where the radiator cap is to avoid hitting

Currently I do not like the way it is setup but I just got the car running and that is one of the first things I want to clean up.

I am looking at going with an older vw mk2 rabbit radiator. ($130 on eBay) size is right between half size and full size and you can tuck it which gives lots of space. This will require even more fabbing and custom hoses and k-tuned upper fill neck.

Anyway. You can fit rsx full size with rbc and type a TB but it will take work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are you not going to use the koyo? I was curious about how it mounted and I won't be using a shroud just a couple 8" spals sitting on the rad itself.

10" SPAL fan on Koyo Swap Rad

Speedfactory tuck rad vs Koyo Swap Rad size comparison

There's no top post on the Rad

i'll post more pics when i get the CSF rad

·
Registered
305 Posts
10" SPAL fan on Koyo Swap Rad

Speedfactory tuck rad vs Koyo Swap Rad size comparison

There's no top post on the Rad

i'll post more pics when i get the CSF rad

Yeah I noticed there weren't any top posts. How are they expecting it to be mounted? Are those posts along the side tanks threaded?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah I noticed there weren't any top posts. How are they expecting it to be mounted? Are those posts along the side tanks threaded?

I looked at the drawing on Koyo's site, they don't show top post either.

and the posts along the side tanks are threaded

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah they specify that it doesn't have top mounting tabs for "cleaner install" but they don't specify how it's intended to be mounted. I was assuming those side posts were to be used somehow but I don't know if they line up with the core support anywhere. The radiator was made specifically for the dc2 so I'm honestly surprised that it's so confusing. I like the design otherwise and it does look good installed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah they specify that it doesn't have top mounting tabs for "cleaner install" but they don't specify how it's intended to be mounted. I was assuming those side posts were to be used somehow but I don't know if they line up with the core support anywhere. The radiator was made specifically for the dc2 so I'm honestly surprised that it's so confusing. I like the design otherwise and it does look good installed.

Where did you read that it doesn't have top mounting tabs for "cleaner install"? or did you email them and ask?

I've been using Koyo on all my other cars with no issues hence i picked their K swap rad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a k20z3 longlock. What kind of all motor build do ya have. Trying to make my decision on what kind of internals to get and what kind of hp and tq expected.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts

Interesting they replied you and ignored me (one actually bought their product). and mine didn't come with mounting hardware kit. F*CK

CSF finally arrived.

the inlet location totally different. i guess top tank vs side tank?
Koyo have mounting for aftermarket fans, CSF i don't know how to mount fan yet, zip tie (hate that).

Couple more pics

CSF is thicker and heavier (Koyo 5lbs vs CSF 9lbs ... using my bathroom scale)

Bottom view

PS: CSF comes with rad cap and Koyo is purchase seperate. So final cost work out to be the same

Cheers

·
Registered
305 Posts
Interesting they replied you and ignored me (one actually bought their product). and mine didn't come with mounting hardware kit. F*CK

CSF finally arrived.

the inlet location totally different. i guess top tank vs side tank?
Koyo have mounting for aftermarket fans, CSF i don't know how to mount fan yet, zip tie (hate that).

Couple more pics

CSF is thicker and heavier (Koyo 5lbs vs CSF 9lbs ... using my bathroom scale)

Bottom view

PS: CSF comes with rad cap and Koyo is purchase seperate. So final cost work out to be the same

Cheers

That is pretty retarded they didn't even include the mounting brackets with your radiator?! I'm sure they were eager to respond to a potential sale over one they'd already made and if that's the case that's also fucked up. That csf looks pretty nice. It's price tag is a little steeper than the koyo but it's quality and versatility between chassis kinda justifies that. That upper water neck on the koyo is an oddball setup compared to the other fullsize swap rads and yeah that's cause of the side tanks. I'd bitch my ass off to koyo for not including those mounts and forcing you to spend more money on a dif radiator

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ps didn't take into consideration the cost of the koyo cap. With that in the equation the csf makes a lot more sense. I do like how the koyo looks installed w out the upper tabs tho

Yeah i'm still looking at them, haven't make up my mind yet. each have their pros and cons

21 - 40 of 46 Posts