Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a k sight swap and I am stuck with the axle setup.

My insight knuckles are way smaller then the base model Rsx axles. The knuckles are way off not sure what anyone else has done.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
88 Posts
You have to get some EP3 hubs and press out this fitting (pictured below/brass colored) from the insight and have it welded to your EP3 hub. Make sure to leave enough clearance for the castle nut and axle.

Which mount kit did you go with? I just recently fired my insight up last week. Lots of modifications to make everything fit correctly. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to get some EP3 hubs and press out this fitting (pictured below/brass colored) from the insight and have it welded to your EP3 hub. Make sure to leave enough clearance for the castle nut and axle.

Which mount kit did you go with? I just recently fired my insight up last week. Lots of modifications to make everything fit correctly. Good luck.
I went with the innovative mounts. Would you show me how your axle hub setup turned out???

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the innovative mounts as well. I'll try and get some pics of the setup. I have the stock EP3 hub and brakes with insane shaft axles, rsx buddy club coilover with a hybrid insight top hat that I had to get machined to fit the larger rsx coilover shaft (fun times). I forget which axles I went with (I gave him measurements). It's off the shelf stuff though and fits perfect. Still have the stock insight brake lines. So far the EP3 brakes "feel" like they are strong enough. Going to try some better pads soon.

·
Registered
02 cr-v 01 insight
3 Posts
Any one know what axles can be used for this setup? I have base rsx on but one side looks a little too tight and the other looks a little too stretched. I read someone used those but it looks funny to me. I also read Dc driver side and Ep3 pass. Side. But then I read somewhere that someone used Da driver’s side. And I know Dc and Da axles ain’t the same. Can someone that has successfully done this help me out. And I know insane shafts sell them but I’m just trying to get it running for now so I can swap the clutch on my cr-v.
Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
51 Posts
Apparently the rsx axles inner cv joints are different lengths. Apparently if you swap the inner cv joints between the 2 axles it adjusts the lengths to an more ideal combination.

·
Registered
02 cr-v 01 insight
3 Posts
Apparently the rsx axles inner cv joints are different lengths. Apparently if you swap the inner cv joints between the 2 axles it adjusts the lengths to an more ideal combination.
Yes, I am aware that is needed to run them on eg/ek/Dc setups but I’m curious if it is the same as the Insight setup?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts