Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These units are the final step to completing the electrical side of your Kseries swap.

Of course everything on our Harnesses are Brand New using Connectors and Pins straight from the manufacturer as well as Belden Premium Cable and Wire. The Relay is a High Capacity Bosch Relay for worry-free operation.

99.9% Plug and Play there are a few loose wires that need to be spliced in and your done.

Instruction Manual with pictures and a packet of misc. installation parts are included.

Application Chassis: 92-95 (EG) all models, 94-01 (DC2) all models,

96-98 (EK OBD IIa) all models, 99-00 (EK OBD IIb) all models.

Price: $260 shipped :up:

EG-DC2 with OBD-II (DLC)

EG-DC2

EK 96-98

EK 99-00

Any Questions just ask!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Nice looking harnesses. It looks like the ones for EK only need to have two wires connected. I bet one for the coolant temp. gauge and the second is for the rad fan switch, but of course you'll need to add a ground to chassis for the fan switch too. Quality looks really good, any warranty? Tech support for those who need it?

Just noticed something though...Where is the OBD2 DLC connector which allows the vehicle to connect an OBD2 scan tool?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice looking harnesses. It looks like the ones for EK only need to have two wires connected. I bet one for the coolant temp. gauge and the second is for the rad fan switch, but of course you'll need to add a ground to chassis for the fan switch too. Quality looks really good, any warranty? Tech support for those who need it?

Just noticed something though...Where is the OBD2 DLC connector which allows the vehicle to connect an OBD2 scan tool?

Thanks!!
You are Correct the EK model harnesses only need the Coolant Temp,and the Fan switch wired in and this wiring task is a snap.

To answer the rest of your questions the harnesses come with a full Lifetime Warranty and of course Tech Support is just a phone call away. If there are any install questions we get it taken care of swiftly.

As for the DLC connector in the EK models the wiring is incorporated into the harness so you would use the stock DLC OBD-II connector in your car.

On the EG/Integra models the DLC is on the harness. In the picture shown above you are right it is not there. This pic was taken before the DLC was installed I will update the pic promptly. Some people choose to have it on their harness some dont find a need for it so it is basically an optional connector. We install it by default unless otherwise advised.

***Picture of Harness with OBD-II DLC has been added above!

I hope I covered your questions.
Thanks again for your interest!

Corey-

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I can vouch for Sparkks Racing harnesses. I have used them in both of my personal cars with no problem what so ever.

I also passed emmisions with just a plug into the OEM DLC connector into my 2000 Honda Civic with a K24a1 Turbo swap.

PS: Corey I have some custom wireing for you to do if you have time.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are there so many more wires in your harness than in the Rywire or RCREW harnesses? Do yours have more features?
The harness is designed so that everything will function like stock. All the idiot lights work appropriatly. The guage cluster functions correctly. All the sensors that are supposed to be installed are wired in. The fuel pump cycles as it should and there is a Primary and Secondary O2 cable set already wired in. Our harness gives complete control and I guess that means there will be a few more wires. But it is all worth it in the end...:up:

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can vouch for Sparkks Racing harnesses. I have used them in both of my personal cars with no problem what so ever.

I also passed emmisions with just a plug into the OEM DLC connector into my 2000 Honda Civic with a K24a1 Turbo swap.

PS: Corey I have some custom wireing for you to do if you have time.

Thanks Stefan,
Good to hear everything worked out! I'm pretty busy the next couple of days I will hit you up this weekend on the Custom work.

Thanks Again
Corey-

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
Hey Cory, the EG harness I just got from you (via eBay) didn't have the DLC connector... Didn't realized you sold a version with and one without the DLC connector.

Was $260 the price with or without the DLC? I was hoping to get the DLC with mine. :(

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Cory, the EG harness I just got from you (via eBay) didn't have the DLC connector... Didn't realized you sold a version with and one without the DLC connector.

Was $260 the price with or without the DLC? I was hoping to get the DLC with mine. :(

If your going to be running a Hondata Kpro the DLC will not be needed. You can use your laptop to access and remove all the trouble codes as well as monitor engine parameters.

I was selling the ones on Ebay without the DLC for the reason stated above.

The units for sale here by default have the DLC plug already installed. But I usually ask if its necessary to have the DLC on the harness or not. Yours must have slipped through without me asking if it was necessary.

I am sorry for the inconvienence.

I will PM you and get you squared away!

Thanks

·
/) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,644 Posts
I know it's not needed. I just want to be covered if there's any need for a 3rd party who would want to test my car for emissions related stuff. They won't go by what I pull up on my laptop.

I may want to talk to you about getting some pins too. Also, are you able to get male connectors for a Del Sol (may be the same as Integra) gauge cluster? May also need a set of S2000 female connectors. I'm trying to make a gauge cluster conversion harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been having a problem getting the cluster to read temp. It reads on the Kpro. I have also swapped the cluster...still no temp. I am using the plug from my Bseries. I have spoke with you briefly about this, you told me you would call me back. Since then I have called and also emailed you. I still havent heard from you....PM me

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been having a problem getting the cluster to read temp. It reads on the Kpro. I have also swapped the cluster...still no temp. I am using the plug from my Bseries. I have spoke with you briefly about this, you told me you would call me back. Since then I have called and also emailed you. I still havent heard from you....PM me
I will be calling you shortly to get you squared away...

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to work properly . My dash lights stay on after Key is off and out of igntion untill I unplug the E plug from the ECU .

If I remove with E-Plug lights go off but no power to ECU etc . Car wont crank just clicks plenty of grounds and has 14v at the battery .

Please HELP

1 - 20 of 163 Posts