Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey I have a K24A4 with k20a2 cams & rockers (Vtec hack)
I’ve ran 25° Of VTC does anyone have experience and or know of the max VTC that can be ran before P2V contact ? I’ve heard 40-45°
Currently running 7200-7400 redline
Vtec @4400
Stock bottom end
Kpro V.2
310cc injectors
Pump gas 93
OEM TSX header 2.75” exhaust
Running 55psi rail pressure at idle

Can anyone help with What base map to tune off of I stated off the k20a2 base map and tuned the fuel maps for better AFR

When I try to base off the k24a2 map it seems to run worse.

The car stumbles under 2200rpm
Need some help tuning my AFR @ idle it’s rich 11-11.2 AFR, cruising I’m around 12.7-14.4 depending load temp road etc and when I lay into throttle goes up to high 16s then drops down into high 14s within a couple seconds Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey can anyone help me with a tene for a k24a2 out of a 06 tsx in my 02 ep3 it has a rbc intake 410 rdx injectors 4.2.1 header and cold air intake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for a base map to get running.
Kprov4
K24a1 block and head
K24a2 pistons
K20z1 cams k24a1 vtc gears
Vtec killer accord rockers on both intake and exhaust
Rbc manifold

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,842 Posts
Looking for a base map to get running.
Kprov4
K24a1 block and head
K24a2 pistons
K20z1 cams k24a1 vtc gears
Vtec killer accord rockers on both intake and exhaust
Rbc manifold
Which ECU do you use? Begin with that and the K24 basemap for it. Why do you use VTEC killer rockers once you implemented K20Z1 cams?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hondata k pro v4 is the ecu. The k24a1 head was what I had at the time. The k24a1 head does not have lost motion assembly, which I think is needed for run the high and low lobes of the cam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It shouldn’t matter. Hondata Kmanager is the software that i will be using to tune. But it’s a 02-04 type S prb ecu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve tried that. Just looking for tips on getting the maps to run a little better now that it’s always on the big lobe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! Im looking for info on a good k20a3 calib. to start off with in KPRO. I have a 2002 civic si with the k20a3. I have a Full Race turbo kit, 750cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 3in down pipe (catless) 3in HKS all the way out the back. If someone knows of or has a calib that would be a good starting point that would be great. thanks!!!
Hey Brian06, did you ever get help from anyone regarding your request for a base map for your turbo set up? I just installed a turbo on my car with the exact same set up. I’m looking for some help myself. I’m new to this forum and this is my first message. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking for some help with my set up. I have a k24A2 with
*T70 turbo
*750cc injectors
*3” exhaust
*255 fuel pump @51psi at the fpr
*cut and ported RBC mani
*Kpro V4
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs any additional info that I might have missed please let me know. That’s again.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts