Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m Darian Dowling, I’m new to the KPro world. I’m trying to figure out a problem. I carried my 03 rsx to a mechanic who lives in my area the engine is KPro and that’s all that I know of it, I’m not really much of a car guy, but I dropped the car off to get my thermostat and heat sensor changed. The mechanic told me he mixed up the harnesses (the MAP and the Throttle sensor). He turned it on, but the car didn’t respond. He then came to realize that the harnesses were mixed up and was put in the right way. The car starts and then 3-4 seconds later it dies. The throttle sensor was changed out, he changed all of the wiring and sensors but it’s still doing the same thing. Can someone help me understand why it’s not starting and idling?

·
Registered
672 Posts
That is a classic. The TPS sensor survives this swap, the MAP sensor not. Been there, done that. I now have a label on the MAP sensor plug.
Get a new MAP sensor and drive away. :)
The car starts as the dead MAP sensor gives out a signal comparable to ambient pressure.
Once the engines pulls vacuum in the intake manifold the dead MAP sensor signal does not follow, way too much fuel is injected. The adopt of fuel injected is about proportional to the manifold air pressure.
The engine stops as it drowns in fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a classic. The TPS sensor survives this swap, the MAP sensor not. Been there, done that. I now have a label on the MAP sensor plug.
Get a new MAP sensor and drive away. :)
The car starts as the dead MAP sensor gives out a signal comparable to ambient pressure.
Once the engines pulls vacuum in the intake manifold the dead MAP sensor signal does not follow, way too much fuel is injected. The adopt of fuel injected is about proportional to the manifold air pressure.
The engine stops as it drowns in fuel.
Thanks. I’ll get the part and see if it runs smoothly again

·
Registered
672 Posts
you can check it by logging into the Kpro and let you display the MAP sensor value. it won't change while you crank if dead. It should show ambient pressure with ign on, but engine not running. If it shows an odd pressure, it is dead.
Or remove it and blow into the stub. If dead, there will be no change.
But it is known that swapping these two connectors kills the MAP sensor. This makes this an easy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts