Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

901 - 920 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone have old version of kmanager installation ? like 4.1 and down.

I try to use 4.2.6 but I cant upload the calibration and the car wont start, i know that hondata recommending to use the latest version, but the fact is that its do not work.

thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm looking into purchasing kpro4 for my 04 ep3 k20a3 and I found a used one off Facebook which has the chip plus a prb ecu and I was wondering what the difference is between the two ecu and if I needed the prb to run kpro or if it's just a waste of money. The guy wants 700 plus shipping and the new chip offline is the same price minus the ecu, what would be the best route to go down?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2008 Element that I want to add Kpro to, Im pretty confident on the wiring side of things to get it done but I do have one question about OBD2.

My emissions test is pretty easy compared to most states and adding Kpro to the stock engine will be easy, but Im wondering what would be different about the OBD2 output that is used during the emissions test. I never had any kind of VIN issues with my EP3 since the ECU was from another car (rsx), but would it matter since the Element is newer or is a ready code just a ready code? Im also considering a K24 2gen insight swap and the same question applies.

Sorry if this has been covered but 46 pages of ECUs is a lot to read....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i just installed kpro v4 for my 06 rsx type s. Ive noticed that my 1st gear boggs out when i let go of the gas. My rpms drop suddenly. And it makes the car jolt forward and back. Need help fixing it. It happens in 2nd gear as well. Also i set it up to where i launch control at 3500 rpms. And from 1st to 2nd when i shift at like 8k. My rpms drop all the way down to 3-4k rpms i have no idea why. One time i tried it. But when i shifted i reved it up to where it caught around 6-7k rpms and i was good.. idk why it drops so rapidly though..

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,834 Posts
Hey, i just installed kpro v4 for my 06 rsx type s. Ive noticed that my 1st gear boggs out when i let go of the gas. My rpms drop suddenly. And it makes the car jolt forward and back. Need help fixing it. It happens in 2nd gear as well. Also i set it up to where i launch control at 3500 rpms. And from 1st to 2nd when i shift at like 8k. My rpms drop all the way down to 3-4k rpms i have no idea why. One time i tried it. But when i shifted i reved it up to where it caught around 6-7k rpms and i was good.. idk why it drops so rapidly though..
You need to revise the adjustment of the deceleration parameters and the tip in ignition dynamic retard. Are you aware of those and where these are to find?

Markus

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to revise the adjustment of the deceleration parameters and the tip in ignition dynamic retard. Are you aware of those and where these are to find?

Markus
Uhh no? What tab is it in? I see the ones in gear comp. Is it those?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question, I have a 02 type s swap (a2) and I just bought a 05 type s ecu without knowing the difference. Now my question is, what are my options at this point?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know where I can still get the dual harness to run the Kpro (04 RSX ECU) in an 05 Accord? K-tuned used to sell them but they have been discontinued and I tried finding that guy Cham but to no avail.

I have a K24/K20 build from an 04 RSX with Kpro and want to run it in a 2005 accord. From my research, I see I need this dual harness to get the dash to function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know where I can still get the dual harness to run the Kpro (04 RSX ECU) in an 05 Accord? K-tuned used to sell them but they have been discontinued and I tried finding that guy Cham but to no avail.

I have a K24/K20 build from an 04 RSX with Kpro and want to run it in a 2005 accord. From my research, I see I need this dual harness to get the dash to function.

https://instagram.com/p/BRl7Tp2jS5i/ this guy has good work! And what your looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, didnt see this one in the thread so far. I am putting a Jdm k20a from the ep3 type r in a usdm ep3. The swap did not come with an ecu. Will i be able to run the swap on my PNF ecu without kpro? I plan on getting it kprod but it will be after i have to pick up the vehicle. My k20a3 blew a head gasket and didnt reall like my exhaust setup (skunk2 alpha series race header and megapower RR exhaust) no cat. Any info would be greatly appreciated as i would like to not blow the k20a as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a K24Z1 that I'm RWD swapping into an MGB and I'm completely new to the Honda game. What is my best and most affordable option for engine management? I see that Hondada doesn't support the CRV ECM and I'm not sure what else works. I'm not looking at making tons of power, just getting the stock engine running for now. 160HP should be fun enough in this small car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ll be getting my k20a tuned on kpro by a tuner. At the moment, I have no expertise in ecu tuning but I intend to learn later on. The tuner will be using his own laptop for the tune. Later on, is it possible for me to view what variables he adjusted or set if I connect my own laptop to the kpro? Can I save his settings as Preset-1 and make my own Preset-2,3,4 etc when I learn to play with kpro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,834 Posts
I have a K24Z1 that I'm RWD swapping into an MGB and I'm completely new to the Honda game. What is my best and most affordable option for engine management? I see that Hondada doesn't support the CRV ECM and I'm not sure what else works. I'm not looking at making tons of power, just getting the stock engine running for now. 160HP should be fun enough in this small car.
K24Z1 ECU is flashable, so any tuner who can flash this can tune your engine. The tuner just need to have any capable flash interphase to flash your ECU.

I’ll be getting my k20a tuned on kpro by a tuner. At the moment, I have no expertise in ecu tuning but I intend to learn later on. The tuner will be using his own laptop for the tune. Later on, is it possible for me to view what variables he adjusted or set if I connect my own laptop to the kpro? Can I save his settings as Preset-1 and make my own Preset-2,3,4 etc when I learn to play with kpro?
Yes, you can do this with KPro. Ask your tuner to send you the *.cal files of before and after. You can easily compare them with the implemented compare function of KPro. Adjusting them and uploading it to the ECU is no magic, just need awareness of what is happening there and a solid understanding of engine mapping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I plan to setup launch control with kpro-4. Can I have a switch installed in the car which allows me to to enable/disable LC? I basically don’t want to restrict my idle rev limit at all times.
Secondly, how do I shoot flames? ???

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,834 Posts
...Can I have a switch installed in the car which allows me to to enable/disable LC? I basically don’t want to restrict my idle rev limit at all times.
Clutch switch controls launch control function, you just need to control that switch signal. To solve this is up to you, I haven't done it yet.

...Secondly, how do I shoot flames?...
You need a function which knocks off ignition, e.g. like the Full Throttle Shift, which also need a clutch switch signal to trigger this function.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Post your questions here, to be answered.

Thanks,
Daniel

Edit: Here's some questions that are frequently asked, and their answers:

Q:

A:
Once again forgive my ignorance, I have an 04 civic SiR with a k20a3 if I swapped in a k20a2 and the 6 speed from a type S and had the OEM type S ECU is a KPro still required? would the only thing I need to by pass be the immobilizer ?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,834 Posts
Once again forgive my ignorance, I have an 04 civic SiR with a k20a3 if I swapped in a k20a2 and the 6 speed from a type S and had the OEM type S ECU is a KPro still required? would the only thing I need to by pass be the immobilizer ?
I don't believe GST2RSX-S will answer, he wasn't here for a long time. He may struggle with some issues Ebay and Hondata users may know...I would ask directly at Hondata by phone.

901 - 920 of 923 Posts