Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

881 - 900 of 923 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Really dumb question here....... IM looking at some data log recordings saved in my ecu. There are 30 of them saved. What one it the most recent 1 or 30?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi - I have a K24a4 Element with RL5 pistons and '07 RBB head. Biggest problem is it is a 4spd auto. I went with A KTuner ECU but it disables my transmission, so I need help with a solution! First; are any of the "other guys" compatible with this setup? Second; I'm thinking of piggy backing my stock ECU with the modded one but need input to your thoughts on whether this will work, and suggested links for further learning ! Thanks Peter :hammer:

·
Premium Member
10,294 Posts
Your tuning solution would be similar to what auto rsx, accord, and tsx people are doing. I know they used to ppiggyback ecus but I'm not sure what is happening now. I don't know what ktuner is up to these day with auto support

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,566 Posts
Most likely the best solution would be what has already been suggested. There are/were a few guys with A/T Accords running dual ECU set ups. You may want to try and have a dual ECU harness made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been steered to BoomSlang us - any feed back / other names to drop?? AND what would be the maximum length before problems? I'm thinking of an under seat mount.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll try my question in this thread since it pertains to kpro.

A friend locally sent his ECU out to have v4 installed with his info obviously. We have since made a deal that when it arrives he is going to let me use it since my car is running, driving and awaiting a tune and he hasn't done the swap yet. It's my daily so i can't/don't want to park it. I will then send mine in for him. My question is, would I be able to register his in my name and info when it gets here since it has already been sent with his info? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys. Question about VSS in KManager.

Just completed my K24A2 swap into my 2006 Lotus Exige.

- K24A2 out of 2006 TSX. Stock internals. Supercharged.
- 2007 Si tranny.

Got the correct Honda spacer to go on the VSS. I have "Countershaft driven speed sensor" checked. Is it true that OBD2 functionality is now disabled? I only read this in the manual after I was done messing around with the car so I wanted to ask the forum wizards to see if it is indeed true. If it IS true, then how do I possibly get a working speedo AND OBD2 functionality?

Furthermore, the cluster is getting a reading now but it is off. I'm assuming I need to futz with the "Speedometer correction" to get it to read correctly? I was watching my GPS today and at 65mph the speedo on my dash was reading 40mph.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: So I checked the OBDII port today and it is still functioning. Not sure if I'm just not understanding what Hondata is meaning when they say that the OBDII functions will be disabled, but that seems unlikely. I also did the (admittedly simple) math using my observations of the GPS speedo and the dash indicated speedo and compensated 63% in KManager --- everything works just fine now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
is there a difference between a Kpro installed in pnd or prb ecu? and does the year matter?

my setup is a 03 k20a2 but thinking of switching to a 04 k24a2 swap. does it matter which ecu i get?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi good day. I have a ukdm honda civic type r and i recently purchased a hondata k pro version 4. I installed the analog harness and I was told to connect this wire to the signal wire of the aem wideband guage. I did this and still no reading on the lap top. Is there any thing else I am forgetting to do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Whats up yall. Came across a ep3 engine harness and ecu recently from my homie. Other than the 6 gear lockout, what other differences are there when compared to the 02-05 type s (prb) engine harness/ecu? My original plan was to source prb ecu an engine harness, but if i can utilize the PNF harness an ecu can it be done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need some help

i have a 2003 civic si 5 speed ep3

the original k20a3 motor had over 200k and started leaking oil

i recently swapped in a low mileage k20a motor into the car using the original a3 ecu and harness everything bolts up and the a3 harness connects to all sensors etc

i have kpro on thr original a3 ecu

when i start the car it runs for a few seconds and then dies i need to get the car running so i can at least drive it to the tuner

is there a particular basemap i should use or is there some custom one already out there

any help would be greatly appreciated

also does anyone know any reputable in the bronx new york area

·
Registered
341 Posts
gonna ask the obvious here but have you checked all of the error codes and made sure the main sensors (most likely MAP sensor) is actually functioning correctly? Chance you may have plugged the TPS plug and MAP plug the wrong way around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
gonna ask the obvious here but have you checked all of the error codes and made sure the main sensors (most likely MAP sensor) is actually functioning correctly? Chance you may have plugged the TPS plug and MAP plug the wrong way around.
i checked all the sensor plugs especially the map sensor all are plugged in correctly there are no error codes either

·
k20a.orgy
2,954 Posts
you might have to give it a little gas to get it started. my tps went out recently and had the same issue. car would not start unless i kept my foot on the pedal to keep it around 1.5k rpms.

it would idle without my foot after the car warmed.

datalog if you can. check to see if you may have a sensor issue that will not throw a CEL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you might have to give it a little gas to get it started. my tps went out recently and had the same issue. car would not start unless i kept my foot on the pedal to keep it around 1.5k rpms.

it would idle without my foot after the car warmed.

datalog if you can. check to see if you may have a sensor issue that will not throw a CEL.
I tried giving it gas but the results are still the same

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all
a am new to this a am swapping a k24a3 from euro accord 05 into a 95 civic coupe with the euro civic type r 6 speed gearbox got a japanes k20a2 engine harnest
What ecu and k-pro Do a need To get all this right
From start To the End? ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 05 civil si, skunk 2 race header, intake manifold, 60 mm exhaust, throttle body 70mm, injen cai, skunk 2 fuel rail, deatch werks fuel pump, Rdx injectors, magnaflow hi flow cat welded. My question is do I need to now install Honda data kpro. will kpro make a big enough difference on my n/a setup

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to get my si tuned next week and was wondering if it would be beneficial if u upgraded my fuel injectors and pump.

I currently have the K24a2 motor with
k24a2 (TSX) Block
k20z3 (06-11 Si) Head
k20a2 (RSX-S) Oil Pump
RBC (06-11 Si) Intake Manifold
5-Speed (02-05 Si) Manual Transmission
k24a2 (TSX) 310 CC Injectors
T1R Race Header + Test Pipe (EP3 Specific)
HKS Hi Power Exhaust
KPRO

881 - 900 of 923 Posts