Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am working on a European EP3 with a new Kpro V4 conversion but when it come to tuning on the Dyno, I noticed the A/F data in the display of KManager isn't working and is fixed at 14.7

Luckily I can log the AFR on the Dyno but I would rather have the ECU and software working in this way to tune with.

I also have another EP3 running on Kpro V2 to work on and it is the same

Is there something that needs to be setup for this to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I had to re educate myself on this and the euro EP3 runs on a narrow band sensor which explains everything lol

Can someone point me into the right direction with wiring a wideband into the Kpro?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you :)

I have PRA ECU with Kpro V4.

Can retain the use of the PRA ECU but get an AEM wideband sensor setup and an input into the Kpro being V4?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But this is telling me I MUST have PRB PRC PRD ECU and correct wideband sensor with it..

Unless I can apply the AEM output signal to the PRA in this way shown by these diagrams? That's if the input is on the PRA board.

Otherwise surely it can go in onto the Kpro V4 as an input? If so then trying to find out how this is done but cannot find anything and Hondata forum is a little unresponsive.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,845 Posts
Otherwise surely it can go in onto the Kpro V4 as an input?
It will work, but you can't use the aftermarket wideband setups for closed loop lambda control. The inbuilt controller expects only signals from the OEM rated wide- or narrow band probes. I would recommend to go with Doctronic, cheaper, more flexible, bluetooth interface, Dash capable and they offer a wideband option for the PRA ECU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, it looks pretty impressive.

Downside is customers want Hondata

Ecu's are already running on Kpro V4 and V4 is supposed to be capable with closed loop with an external sensor as long as the wideband has a built in conversion which is why I said about an AEM kit and use the gauge output into the Kpro.

Attachments

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,845 Posts
Thanks for the info, it looks pretty impressive...Downside is customers want Hondata...
You may convince them just by send him the website link :wink:.

Ecu's are already running on Kpro V4 and V4 is supposed to be capable with closed loop with an external sensor as long as the wideband has a built in conversion which is why I said about an AEM kit and use the gauge output into the Kpro.
That's an interesting information. Most or even all wideband kits of AEM have a current to voltage conversion. But is that what is needed by Hondata and their foggy explanation there? I recently got a reply from member from here that the wideband kit from AEM isn't accepted for closed loop control of lambda by KPro V4, therefore my initial statement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts