Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup peeps..well just want to share this with you all. the testing began 2 weels ago..and i started it out with just basic wiring, connecting to the necessary sensors and pin out..at that point the car fired up with the k24 calibration and drove perfectly..as hondata stated before no gauges would work nor the a/c..finished the harness in 2 days with all the testing..so now everything is working including the a/c which is important to me.

here are some pictures of the harness . its a lil messy bc of the long wires..had to make it long since its going to be mount somewhere else in the car.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
are you still using the stock ecu and K pro?

You think you can share how you did it? Sell a similar harness in the future? I would consider buying an accord if I knew that this is an option.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nikos said:
are you still using the stock ecu and K pro?

You think you can share how you did it? Sell a similar harness in the future? I would consider buying an accord if I knew that this is an option.
yes this harness allows you to use both kpro and stock ecu at the same time...and yes i'm trying to build more harness and sell them to the public..i made an order thread where people can sign up to buy the harness on gen7accord.net but no one is taking a bite yet..i need atleast 5 people to sign up before i can order parts as they are expensive if i dont buy bulk...so in the future you can always hit me up and i can build you one..if i don't order those parts..i'll probably buy broken harness or what not and salvage what i could and make another harness...

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
Malaka said:
And what about the throttle body. The Accord uses drive-by-wire.
In the USA, only the TSX and 2006 Civic Si uses electronic throttle. In japan, the accord euro R doesn;t use drive-by wire.. Maybe in some other countries the accord is like the tsx here?

Malaka.. ti kaneis? I like your name! lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
How does the car run off both ECU's?

I believe the updated (2007) Accords, CRVs, and Elements moved to DBW, but not 100% on that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Cham- I like the pic of you and your girl on the dash- aww :) Still working on that kit- the headache I have between all this crap and this hangover is KILLING me- yeesh- Mark W.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well here in Europe Honda Accord Type S uses Drive by wire with it's K24A2 engine. Reaaly interested to put K pro in our Accord.

P.S. Malaka is not my name. Are you greek? :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DBW..thats going to be a hard one..i would suggest you swap the throttle body and get the cables...

the car drive perfectly just like stock..kpro is driving the car..stock ecu is only doing all the reading and put it out to the gauges and contolling the a/c...i upload the k24 calibration that was tuned with race header and intake..from the datalog it showed that i'm running a lil rich..but nothing i can't fix..just tuning.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Malaka said:
And what about the throttle body. The Accord uses drive-by-wire.
03-05 K24A4 accords are traditional cable linkage
06+ K24A8 is electronic throttle/dbw

·
Registered
171 Posts
How are you handling the 02 sensor? Is the Stock ECU not seeing any 02 sensor and the Krpo seeing the 20-04 RSX one you installed?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep........ im looking for a 03-04 accord cp
v6, 6 Speed.... myself !! in miami!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
sup peeps..well just want to share this with you all. the testing began 2 weels ago..and i started it out with just basic wiring, connecting to the necessary sensors and pin out..at that point the car fired up with the k24 calibration and drove perfectly..as hondata stated before no gauges would work nor the a/c..finished the harness in 2 days with all the testing..so now everything is working including the a/c which is important to me.

here are some pictures of the harness . its a lil messy bc of the long wires..had to make it long since its going to be mount somewhere else in the car.

Hey man I've been trying to get a hold of you if this is Cham. I would love for you to make one of these harnesses for me . I have a 2003 accord coupe with a k24a2, it's just sitting and I would love to drive it. My name is VJ my contact Information 646-675-7300 of you still make them let me know how much it's going to cost and I'll pay you! Please and thank you [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts