Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Knock After VTEC

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LotusElise 
#1 · (Edited)
K24A2 swapped Miata with 4 Piston ported head and RR4 cams. Tuning with KTuner. I've noticed since the head and cams were installed, once I do a pull and then let back off, for a few seconds it stumbles and the knock count will go up. Anybody have any idea?

Screenshot

#2 ·
K24A2 swapped Miata with 4 Piston ported head and RR4 cams. Tuning with KTuner. I've noticed since the head and cams were installed, once I do a pull and then let back off, for a few seconds it stumbles and the knock count will go up. Anybody have any idea?
You should scruff your tuners nose and dip it to that, the lambda tuning is way out of what it should be, WOT lambda is even not acceptable.

Concerning the RR4 cams and knock, it is likely the knock sensor sees the oscillating timing chain. It may can be your TCT is out of proper condition, as those cams are hard stuff for the valve train and every part of it sees more wear because of the higher load. After a rapid engine speed decrease the timing chain is loose and need to get stretched again, if the TCT has a worn teeth it can be that process need longer and is in stationary idle not visable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.