Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
121 - 140 of 337 Posts

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 · (Edited)
jstadc5 said:
will this kit fit for the crx
The standard kit I offer (K-SM-000A used for the EG, EK, & DC2) will not fit directly, but you can modify it to work in an EF. I was offering the service of modifying the kit, but I have since put that on hold as the process is fairly time consuming for me right now. I do hope to release an EF specific kit mid summer of this year.

Along with the cutting modifications required to get the K-SM-000A kit to fit, I recommend you silicone in pieces of sheet metal to provide a completely sealed enclosure to minimize exhaust heat, air noise, and water/condensation from entering your cabin. I can provide these pre-cut pieces for you (if desiring to tackle the kit modifications) for an additional $10 fee.

Here are some pics of those pieces in place (siliconed in with the supplied sealant):

Here are some additional things you will need to know if modifying a K-SM-000A for an EF! You will have to make a few additional modifications to your chassis, you will not be able to use all of the mounting holes for your console (which doesn't seem to be a big issue), and you will have to utilize exhaust wrap around your exhaust under the shifter mount area, as the exhaust will be fairly close to the mount. Please read up on the below link, looking at the posts specified, which will further clear up any confusion (there are about 60 detailed photos showing what needs to be done):

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12763 post #10 & #13

Again, you will be responsible for the modifications of all pieces to get them to fit into your vehicle if deciding to tackle this modification. You will have to modify the main mount and the rear mount.

If interested in paying the extra $10 for the pre-cut sheet metal, you can just send a PayPal payment of $160 at any time to [email protected].

Finished Product:

I apologize for not having an easier solution at this time, but the demand for such a kit had really not shown until recently.

Thanks for the inquiry,
Brian Karwan
Karcepts, Inc.
www.karcepts.com
[email protected]

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
drtye said:
well i finally got around to placing the order:up: :up: and all you guys should be waiting for is the paypal to clear, sorry. keep up the good work!!!
Hey Tyler! Yes, I see your eCheck; so once that clears, your order will ship ASAP. Thanks for the purchase! :up:

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
drtye said:
woo payment cleared!!!!
Yes it has Tyler! Your order is shipping out first thing tomorrow morning! You may see the package at your door as early as Saturday; worst case would be Monday... USPS is a little hard to predict sometimes...

Thanks for the order!!!

· Premium Member
9,484 Posts
umm what modes does the 05 cables require?

I bought one from nikos!

· Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
bossman032 said:
umm what modes does the 05 cables require?

I bought one from nikos!
Pictures provided by k20a.org member OneFasCoupe:

I think 05+ Base cables actually don't have these dampers on them, so depending on what Nikos gave you, you might get lucky. It shouldn't take much to remove them as shown above even if you do in fact have cables with dampers...

121 - 140 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.