Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off Plate

The Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off Plate provides the SOLUTION for eliminating the K-Series IACV on 2002-2006 Acura RSX-S and 2002-2005 Honda Civic Si throttle bodies. Of course, our Block-Off plates also fit the many aftermarket throttle bodies designed for those vehicles' engines. If you need to avoid IACV interference with your radiator, radiator fan, or just want to clean up the engine bay even further, this piece is for you! This block-off plate will also help to solve the issues related to bolting the above mentioned throttle bodies onto intake manifolds that do not have idle air porting provisions (such as the newer RRC and RSP intake manifolds).

Contrary to what some assume, the K-Series engines run surprisingly well with the elimination of the stock idle air control valve. We've utilized this block-off on many customer vehicles; all with positive feedback, and no negative effects pertaining to drivability or stalling.

The only requirement for utilizing the Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off Plate is that you will need Hondata K-pro (or an equivalent programmable ECU) to disable stock function of the OEM idle air control valve.

To install:

1. Remove the OEM idle air control valve from the throttle body.

2. Bolt on the Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off with the supplied hardware (and retain the OEM IACV rubber gasket).

3. Disable the OEM IACV on Hondata K-pro (or an equivalent programmable ECU).

4. (THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP) Locate the throttle stop on your K-Series throttle body to set the idle mechanically by re-adjusting the position of the stop. On an OEM K-Series throttle body you will need a 7mm wrench (to loosen the jam nut) and a 2.5mm allen key (to adjust the throttle stop set screw). Once engine idle is set as desired, lock the jam nut back in place.

Karcepts Part #: KIA01 = Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off Plate = $20 shipped within the US

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
Not only will this clean up the bay but will also help out all those running ekk1 mount kit since the iacv plug rubs against the stock radiator; heck they can finally fit an aluminum rad half/full in their bay! :D

Another nice addition to the line up Brian! looks amazing with the cc delete and tb cable bracket!!! :up::up:

·
Registered
394 Posts
nice, are you guys goin to make a egr valve block off plate for the k20a3 and k24a4 motors?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sounds like a good idea! :up:
yea im running a complete k24a4 longblock and that egr valve bothers me everytime i pop my hood lol, and i dont have time to make my own and i know you guys over at karcepts can work magic

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea im running a complete k24a4 longblock and that egr valve bothers me everytime i pop my hood lol, and i dont have time to make my own and i know you guys over at karcepts can work magic
That EGR valve on the k24a4 is quite the eyesore! And weighs nearly 2lbs!!!

Gross:

Removed:

Imagine This Bolted To Above:

We'll get some in the works and should have them ready to ship in 4-6 weeks! Thanks for the suggestion! :up:

·
Registered
394 Posts
no problem, thanx for actually giving it a try, yea that thing does have a lil weight to it

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn bri ur doing ur thing!!!:up: another quaility part from karcepts!!!
What's up Julio! I feel honored that you wasted your first post on my thread... :worship: I just watched the vid on your site! Looks great!!!

Ps: weres my sponsorship (julio):p
There will be a new Karcepts decal package for 2010, so just sit tight!

Very nice product Brian will order this thing tomorrow morning. Your always ahead of the game giving us new products thanks
Felix
Only one more IACV Block-Off left in stock right now Felix. We'll have more coming in 3 weeks in case you miss it. Thanks!

KARCEPTS ALL DAY EVERYDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! :dance:
:wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
cool :up: let me kno!!! u had a big part to my success all the countless phone calls and parts you help me find!!! karcepts ftmfw!!!!! :dance:
I'm in on the decal package too. Going to be ordering a bunch of parts from you guys. :up:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I would think that along with this plate, that filling the IAC port in the floor of the TB throat with something like JBweld should greatly help airflow thru the TB.

Or you could use 2 of these(one with a outlet nipple and the other with two nipples on it) to mount the IAC remotely of the TB, and then use something like -10 line to connect to the TB and to a new fitting on the new mani's that are made for the new DBW tb's that do not have a IAC.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts