Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Karcepts Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR Mounting Bracket provides a means for mounting an Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR to your K-series engine for a clean fuel line routing setup. Price is $20 shipped domestically within the US.

To install, locate the factory engine bracket where the stock air box normally mounts to. Note: This bracket is only supplied on Honda/Acura K20 equipped vehicles.

Mount the Karcepts Bracket to the air box bracket with the hardware provided by Karcepts.

Complete installation by mounting the Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR to the Karcepts Bracket with the hardware provided by Aeromotive.

Finished Product:

Below are part numbers and quantities from summitracing.com that provide everything needed for the above fuel line setup. All of these fittings are the Eudora Finish (basically a shinny plated finish) except for part number EAR-991945ERL which is anodized blue. I removed the blue anodizing on the setup shown just to match everything else. You could additionally substitute all of the below fittings with the blue/red ones if you wanted to.

RUS-632060 Qty=1 -hose; -6an ss proflex 6ft.

RUS-610021 Qty=2 -hose end; straight; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-613161 Qty=2 -hose end; 90 deg; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-613091 Qty=1 -hose end; 45 deg; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-660271 Qty=1 -plug; -6an

RUS-660351 Qty=2 -coupler; -6an male to -6an male

RUS-661771 Qty=2 -reducer; -8an male to -6an male

RUS-651040 Qty=1 -o rings; -6an

RUS-651050 Qty=1 -o rings; -8an

EAR-991945ERL Qty=1 -adapter for top of Honda fuel filter to -6an male

AEI-13109 Qty=1 -Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR

RUS-671570 Qty=1 -assembly lube and thread sealant kit (optional)

This list includes everything needed for the fuel setup except for a FPR gauge and fuel rail. You can use any 0-100 psi gauge with a 1/8" NPT male connection, and you can go with a Golden Eagle, AEM, or whatever brand fuel rail you wish; however, the above RUS-661771 reducer fittings assume the rail has -8an female ports.

Additionally, all of the above part numbers assume that you are just clamping down the -6an hose onto the return hard line. It might not be completely safe, but a lot of people do it just because the return line pressure is pretty low. If you want the correct method of attaching the hose to the car’s return hard line, you will need the following additional parts from summitracing.com:

RUS-610021 qty=1 -hose end; straight; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-660561 qty=1 -tube nut; -4an

RUS-660641 qty=1 -tube sleeve; -4an

RUS-661761 qty=1 -reducer; -6an male to -4an male

You would also need a 37 degree flare tool to make this happen.
summitracing.com part number: SUM-900311

Any questions? Just let me know...

Thanks,
Brian Karwan
Karcepts, Inc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Karcepts said:

The Karcepts Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR Mounting Bracket provides a means for mounting an Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR to your K-series engine for a clean fuel line routing setup. Price is $20 shipped domestically within the US.

To install, locate the factory engine bracket where the stock air box normally mounts to. Note: This bracket is only supplied on Honda/Acura K20 equipped vehicles.

Mount the Karcepts Bracket to the air box bracket with the hardware provided by Karcepts.

Complete installation by mounting the Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR to the Karcepts Bracket with the hardware provided by Aeromotive.

Finished Product:

Below are part numbers and quantities from summitracing.com that provide everything needed for the above fuel line setup. All of these fittings are the Eudora Finish (basically a shinny plated finish) except for part number EAR-991945ERL which is anodized blue. I removed the blue anodizing on the setup shown just to match everything else. You could additionally substitute all of the below fittings with the blue/red ones if you wanted to.

RUS-632060 Qty=1 -hose; -6an ss proflex 6ft.

RUS-610021 Qty=2 -hose end; straight; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-613161 Qty=2 -hose end; 90 deg; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-613091 Qty=1 -hose end; 45 deg; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-660271 Qty=1 -plug; -6an

RUS-660351 Qty=2 -coupler; -6an male to -6an male

RUS-661771 Qty=2 -reducer; -8an male to -6an male

RUS-651040 Qty=1 -o rings; -6an

RUS-651050 Qty=1 -o rings; -8an

EAR-991945ERL Qty=1 -adapter for top of Honda fuel filter to -6an male

AEI-13109 Qty=1 -Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR

RUS-671570 Qty=1 -assembly lube and thread sealant kit (optional)

This list includes everything needed for the fuel setup except for a FPR gauge and fuel rail. You can use any 0-100 psi gauge with a 1/8" NPT male connection, and you can go with a Golden Eagle, AEM, or whatever brand fuel rail you wish; however, the above RUS-661771 reducer fittings assume the rail has -8an female ports.

Additionally, all of the above part numbers assume that you are just clamping down the -6an hose onto the return hard line. It might not be completely safe, but a lot of people do it just because the return line pressure is pretty low. If you want the correct method of attaching the hose to the car’s return hard line, you will need the following additional parts from summitracing.com:

RUS-610021 qty=1 -hose end; straight; -6an hose to -6an female

RUS-660561 qty=1 -tube nut; -4an

RUS-660641 qty=1 -tube sleeve; -4an

RUS-661761 qty=1 -reducer; -6an male to -4an male

Any questions? Just let me know...

Thanks,
Brian Karwan
Karcepts, Inc.

how much did all this cost??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
he obviously used the Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) as this kit is made to mount that specific regulator.

My question is, could you use this kit to mount other FPRs such as AEM ones?

Id also like to know the cost on that. I would like to go with a similar setup with a AEM Rail, AEM FPR and the Aeromotive black and red lines (much nicer than the SS IMO). Is this possible Brian? Can you give me some advice.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twelvesorbetter said:
how much did all this cost??
If using a hose clamp to just connect the -6an hose to the return hard line, the total of all of the fuel line parts (including the Assembly Lube and Thread Sealant Kit) comes to $169.73. The Aeromotive FPR is an additional $134.95.

If you purchased every item shown, including the flare tool, the total comes to $365.91.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul1985 said:
he obviously used the Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) as this kit is made to mount that specific regulator.

My question is, could you use this kit to mount other FPRs such as AEM ones?

Id also like to know the cost on that. I would like to go with a similar setup with a AEM Rail, AEM FPR and the Aeromotive black and red lines (much nicer than the SS IMO). Is this possible Brian? Can you give me some advice.

Thanks
I don't currently have a bracket for the AEM FPR, but maybe I need to offer one... If you could mount the AEM similarly, and the ports on the AEM are in similar locations, then sure, you could use this list.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul1985 said:
how SAFE is the cheaper option??
Karcepts, Inc. can't really endorse that method, but personally, I have been running that for 10K miles with no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Paul1985 said:
i understand brian, sorry about that.

you would also need a fuel pump wouldnt u??
something like a walbro 255, then you would have all of the fuel system components for the K-swap.
Yes, you would obviously need a higher output fuel pump as well. A Walbro 190 is more than adequate as it can feed up to a 400+ HP engine. You can additionally go with an RSX-S fuel pump...

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Karcepts said:
sorry for the stupid question but does the above item do exactly...I guess i need to be asking what a 37 degree flare is? can a local mechanic do this for me?

also I need to create a list of fuel fittings needed to run an earls -6an fuel filter - from research I found I will need this (i think) any feedback would be appreciated
-5an tube sleeve
-5an tube nut
-5an to -6an male adaptor
-6an female to -6a (male?????) adaptor
earls inline fuel filter
-6an hose end

thanks Greg

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6spd_EK said:
sorry for the stupid question but does the above item do exactly...I guess i need to be asking what a 37 degree flare is? can a local mechanic do this for me?

also I need to create a list of fuel fittings needed to run an earls -6an fuel filter - from research I found I will need this (i think) any feedback would be appreciated
-5an tube sleeve
-5an tube nut
-5an to -6an male adaptor
-6an female to -6a (male?????) adaptor
earls inline fuel filter
-6an hose end

thanks Greg
The 37 degree flare tool basically crimps the hardline for use with the tube nuts and sleeves.

If you don't want to use the previous method shown where you use the stock Honda fuel filter, then you would have to go with an inline fuel filter of some sort and use those -5an tube nuts and sleeves for the fuel feed. The -4an tube nuts and sleeves will be used on the return hardline. You will have to cut your existing hardline where you would wish to attach the inline fuel filter.

Here are all the Earl parts needed to do what you want. This applies to a golden eagle fuel rail and Aeromotive A1000-6 FPR... you may have to change some things for a different rail or FPR setup... This includes an inline fuel filter w/ all o-rings needed as well as the means to connect the hoses properly to the hard lines...

Qty. Part #
1 EAR-581904ERL
1 EAR-581905ERL
1 EAR-581804ERL
1 EAR-581805ERL
1 EAR-991906ERL
1 EAR-991907ERL
1 EAR-915106ERL
1 EAR-230206ERL
4 EAR-800106ERL
1 EAR-818006ERL
2 EAR-991912ERL
1 EAR-809106ERL
2 EAR-981506ERL
1 EAR-581406ERL
1 EAR-176106ERL
1 EAR-176108ERL

This would be the end result (similar to Shawn Hillier's setup):

·
Registered
112 Posts
How much more is the Earls set up?
What are the part numbers related to the brake servo (connection on the inlet manifold) as i need to remove these.
I will also be running the braided fuel lines through the car to the pump, so i will also need some bulkhead connectors (possible dry break).
Out of interest what pressure is produced from a standard Civic type R fuel pump?
Cheers for the info so far.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
powers said:
How much more is the Earls set up?
I actually hadn't priced it out, but if you go to www.summitracing.com, you can copy & paste the provided part numbers to see for yourself. Or go wherever you buy Earls parts and price it out...

powers said:
What are the part numbers related to the brake servo (connection on the inlet manifold) as i need to remove these.
I'm not certain I understand what you are trying to do here, but I am told -8an hose fits onto the vacuum port on the intake manifold (which runs to the brake booster).

powers said:
Out of interest what pressure is produced from a standard Civic type R fuel pump?
I do not know the answer to that, but it is obviously greater than 51psi, as the CTR's in-tank regulator is set to maintain that pressue before entering the fuel rail. The pump is definitely putting out more than this, as a regulator is designed to maintain a lower pressure than its source. As to how much higher the pump is capable of putting out is unknown without testing it...

·
Registered
462 Posts
What fuel pressure gauge are you using on the above setup? Also if I'm running a k24 can I get the mounting bracket from a k20 for this mount kit to work?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
teamgullydb8 said:
What fuel pressure gauge are you using on the above setup?
The above pictures display the standard B&M gauge. Unfortunately, after 10K miles, it was unable to endure engine vibrations. I have since upgraded to a 0-100 psi Marshall liquid filled shock proof gauge:

You can find these for a really good price on ebay. Search for seller cfi on ebay, as he almost always keeps these in stock. Right now he is selling them for 17.95 + about $5 for shipping (depending on your location).

teamgullydb8 said:
Also if I'm running a k24 can I get the mounting bracket from a k20 for this mount kit to work?
Yes, you could purchase the airbox mounting bracket off of an 02-04 RSX-S shown in the bottom-center of this schematic:

I currently do not know the part number (as it seems difficult to find online), but I'm sure an Acura parts dealer can order one for you. You would obviously bolt this bracket to your block, and then attach my bracket to the airbox bracket.

Before attaching the airbox bracket, I would highly suggest cutting off the back mounting portion of it. The material to cut is very thin in this area and is easy to do. I do not have a before picture of the bracket, but you can somewhat see what it looks like on the schematic above. Here is the bracket after being cut w/ my bracket attached:

What this does is allow you to rotate the FPR assembly to help avoid interferences with other items, as things in this area get pretty tight. This modification is actually necessary on a k20a2, as the k20a2 throttle bodies' throttle cable bracket will interfere with the above fuel line setup if this modification is not performed. I've currently updated my website stating this bracket is only for the k20a (ITR/CTR), as the throttle cable bracket on their throttle bodies allows for clearance; however, if you do the modification to the bracket, the above fuel line setup with the Karcepts bracket is possible on any K-series engine, assuming you also have the 02-04 RSX-S airbox bracket as well.

Thanks for the questions!

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
brian - to you know if there would be any clearance issues on (type R) k20a with RBC IM & k20a TB

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
6spd_EK said:
brian - to you know if there would be any clearance issues on (type R) k20a with RBC IM & k20a TB
You will have no problems with a k20a/a2/a3 TB when using an RBC IM (especially when using my future adapter).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts