Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Karcepts A/C and P/S Removal Kits

These kits provide the SOLUTION for eliminating air conditioning and power steering while:
• Relocating the alternator to avoid headlight material removal on 1988-1991 Civics & CRXs
• Eliminating pulley-to-hood interferences on 1988-1991 Civics and CRXs with a K20 engine
• Eliminating individual throttle body interference issues
• Offering a compact yet robust design for overall cleanliness and reliable operation for any chassis
• Including only the highest quality materials: 6061-T6 billet aluminum, corrosion resistant hardware, and a light weight 3.7 oz Gates glass-reinforced black composite pulley

Applications available:
Karcepts Part #: KPS01 = K20A/A2/Z1 Engine
Karcepts Part #: KPS02 = K24A2/A4 Engine
Karcepts Part #: KPS03 = K20Z3 Engine
Karcepts Part #: KPS04 = K20A3/K24A1 Engine
Karcepts Part #: KPS05 = K24A2/A4 Engine With K20A/A2/A3/Z1 Alternator

In stock and ready to ship! Price is $200 shipped anywhere domestically!

Installation Instructions

·
Registered
460 Posts
looks like a good product.. any feedback from anyone using this specific one?

·
Registered
460 Posts
good to know.. thanks for the input, im putting a order in right now :dance:

·
Registered
788 Posts
when you say "Relocating the alternator to avoid chassis material removal on 1988-1991 Civics & CRXs" do you mean that with this kit in a CRX you dont need to notch the area around the headlight?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when you say "Relocating the alternator to avoid chassis material removal on 1988-1991 Civics & CRXs" do you mean that with this kit in a CRX you dont need to notch the area around the headlight?
Correct! You are the 2nd person to ask me that, so I probably need to update the wording a bit... :) Sorry if that was unclear...

·
Registered
788 Posts
you were pretty clear. i would have known for sure if i had already put a k20 in a CRX before. but i wasnt 100% on the clearance issues.

i'm coming to get on of these kits, the shifter plate and a BC shifter box pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you were pretty clear. i would have known for sure if i had already put a k20 in a CRX before. but i wasnt 100% on the clearance issues.

i'm coming to get on of these kits, the shifter plate and a BC shifter box pretty soon.
No problem Kyle! Karcepts products are always in stock, so whenever you need them, they will be ready for you. Take your time...

·
Registered
321 Posts
i got a daily driver and i'm gonna be running a either a 215/45/16 tire or a 225/45/16 tire...will no P/S be a B*tch for a daily driver?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a daily driver and i'm gonna be running a either a 215/45/16 tire or a 225/45/16 tire...will no P/S be a B*tch for a daily driver?
The answer to that question depends on what you’re building the car for as well as personal preference… If you drag the car a lot and want every advantage you can get, it’s probably a no-brainer to sacrifice P/S for the 5-10 HP advantage you will see. If the car is truly just a daily driver; and comfort is the primary goal, then P/S is the ticket. Obviously, tire width is a big factor, but also the stickier the tire and the heavier the wheel/tire combo, the more difficult it will be to steer as well. Personally, I do like P/S. At the same time, I pretty much need it for autoxing on 275 A6’s… I have been daily driving without P/S right now on some sticky and heavy 225 RA1’s on 8” rims, and no-P/S isn’t all that bad. I do enjoy being able to feel the road a bit more. At the same time, I used to be able to parallel park like a champ; now I must look like some grandma taking her good old time… It’s a tough call, and one that has no concrete answer unless you’ve experienced both options for yourself. Not certain how much I helped with that answer... :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
The answer to that question depends on what you’re building the car for as well as personal preference… If you drag the car a lot and want every advantage you can get, it’s probably a no-brainer to sacrifice P/S for the 5-10 HP advantage you will see. If the car is truly just a daily driver; and comfort is the primary goal, then P/S is the ticket. Obviously, tire width is a big factor, but also the stickier the tire and the heavier the wheel/tire combo, the more difficult it will be to steer as well. Personally, I do like P/S. At the same time, I pretty much need it for autoxing on 275 A6’s… I have been daily driving without P/S right now on some sticky and heavy 225 RA1’s on 8” rims, and no-P/S isn’t all that bad. I do enjoy being able to feel the road a bit more. At the same time, I used to be able to parallel park like a champ; now I must look like some grandma taking her good old time… It’s a tough call, and one that has no concrete answer unless you’ve experienced both options for yourself. Not certain how much I helped with that answer... :eek:
well gee thanks for your half ass answer :eek::silly::silly:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Could you give me a price shipped to greece,athens, zip11147?
USPS please!
Thanks.:eek:
Sure!

Here are your options:

1 A/C & P/S Removal Kit + USPS Priority Mail® International Shipping to Greece (6 - 10 Business Days) = $221.20 USD

Or...

1 A/C & P/S Removal Kit + USPS Express Mail® International Shipping to Greece (5 Business Days) = $230.70 USD

Whenever ready to purchase, you may send a PayPal payment for the option you prefer to [email protected]

Please let me know if you may have any further questions.

Thanks,
Brian Karwan
Karcepts, Inc.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts