Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Here I am, at the worlds-best-K20/K24 forum.

I'm called Felix, in the forums it's k2x. I'm 28 years old. I live in Amsterdam (for all who don't know, it's one of the two capital cities of Holland). I was born in 1984 in Venezuela and raised in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles to Portuguese parents.

My first car was a Hilux single cabin, which is awaiting a 3S-GE swap. Maybe in 2013. My first Honda was a EK3 Vi-RS from Japan. Sometime later I got a bargain from a friend who was selling his wrecked EM1. Then hell broke loose and after sometime I got another bargain on a blown DC2 type R which I could not pass. Hoarding parts for both cars and also getting into contact with David Cordell of Hybrid Racing (good people!). After one year of collecting parts I was fired from my job at Marlboro (boo!). After this I moved to Amsterdam. Now the car projects are on hold.

The projects are:
DC2 with a K20A
EM1 with a K24A4/K20A RBC head
YN96 with a 3S-GE Beams.

So back to reality. I've been a lurker for years, learned so much from simply doing a search on my interest. If somebody has any questions: ask.

Greetings. Thanks for viewing and commenting.

In the attachments you can take a look at both mine Corolla Z and Ferio Vi-RS when I bought them. I'll try put more pictures during the coming days as soon as I have a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome its a grate site you will enjoy
Thank you! Yes, I think I will. My K24/K20 build consists pretty much of doing research on this site. I hope I don't blow it to smithereens once I fire her up.

Welcome to the site. Cool projects. Is the Hilux a late 90's? Should be a great parts mover :)
Thank you! The Hilux is a 92 base model. Went to hell and back. It pretty much helped my family to the well being state we are enjoying nowadays. Although my late father did wreck it just before he passed away. So, I'm restoring it to its former glory with a 3S-GE Beams from an 2001 Altezza in his honor. I wanted to do a complete suspension (both front and rear) swap from the Altezza and I am encountering difficulty finding qualified personnel to complete the job for me while I'm away. Other mods might include a 4Runner front end swap and rear 4WD bed. Refer to attached picture for inspiration purposes on this particular project (not actual car!).

When I lost my job I did not complete the payment to both the Altezza parts and the K20A gearbox I'm using for the K24. So as soon as I find a job I will continue with the hoarding of parts in order to finish the DC2 first, then the EM1 and later on the Hilux. So many things to do, so little time!

I have attached a couple of pictures I had on my phone of the DC2. The seats are being replaced by DC5 units and it's a 4 lug DC2 (and will stay that way, true to the original intention of the 96 type R). All DC2 type R's came with the single piece headlights (that we hate to love) but this one didn't. It's not a special edition but I presume that the car had an accident in JDM Land and Si VTEC fronts being cheaper then type R ones, it was swapped instead.

Feel free to chime in. Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.