Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of people that turbo cu2 Accords/TSXs often Frankenstein or make a custom turbo kit. But Ive also heard that the full race turbo kit for the 9th gen civic/ k24z7 can be dropped in the cu2 tsx/accord BUT a different engine mount in the rear is needed to make the kit truly bolt on and functional. Is this true? and is it possible for the full race turbo kit to fit into the cu2 TSX?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,494 Posts
I see a lot of people that turbo cu2 Accords/TSXs often Frankenstein or make a custom turbo kit. But Ive also heard that the full race turbo kit for the 9th gen civic/ k24z7 can be dropped in the cu2 tsx/accord BUT a different engine mount in the rear is needed to make the kit truly bolt on and functional. Is this true? and is it possible for the full race turbo kit to fit into the cu2 TSX?
Welcome Meech to K20a.org.

You may can do that, but I wouldn't FI a K24Z7 head. The exhaust specific passage was designed for NA operation, not for FI. It's better to swap the head if possible regarding oil, coolant and valvetrain systems.

Picture of the K24Z7 head

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been thinking about swapping on a k24a2 head or a K20z3 head on top of my k24z3 block!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,494 Posts
I have been thinking about swapping on a k24a2 head or a K20z3 head on top of my k24z3 block!
That's a great idea. Consider the coolant and oil passages are different, you need to choose the correct head gasket when mixing Z- and A-type parts.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Posting of advertising links, which has nothing to do with the content of the thread will be deleted incl. 1 warning point. Now 3rd time = banned
Hello all, new to the gathering. It would appear that a decent spot to make a trip and accumulate a few suppositions. I've as of late gained a genuinely low mileage and took care of Acura TSX Uncommon Release and I love it to death. Being the exhibition devotee I'm, I got inquisitive and chosen to perceive how mods if any I could deal with this thing throughout the span of my proprietorship. I plan on saving this thing for seemingly forever and I'm willing to drop a lot of $ to make my vision work out as expected.
**** (deleted, Mod, 10.04.2021)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts