Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am having a couple issue with my K24SC....One is that my oil light flickers on and off, under hard breaking and hard excelleration. I thought this was a oil level issue, but I think it is some thing else, I am running a exteral oil cool that holds maybe 1 liter of oil and we put 5.5 liters in the engine for a total of 6.5 liters..That should be enough for this setup. Also I am running the K20 oil pump system. The second issue I am having is I am throwing a Vtec fault (pressure switch) code 1259, we are not sure if this is related to the oil light issue or the switch is going bad. The funny thing is the car will run right for a while then all of a sudden the engine light comes on and I threw a Vtec code 1259 (pressure switch), do you guys have any ideas what could be going on here. I have data logged the code and can't see any signs of something going wrong.

Thanks

Kevin.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds like you are losing oil pressure, I would temporarily remove the cooler and install just a filter. Go drive it and see if the problem persists or if it is the same. The Cooler may have a restriction or is too much to handle for the pump. An actual pressure gauge on the oil might help too so you know what kind of pressures it has when it starts to malfunction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HONDA GHANDI said:
Sounds like you are losing oil pressure, I would temporarily remove the cooler and install just a filter. Go drive it and see if the problem persists or if it is the same. The Cooler may have a restriction or is too much to handle for the pump. An actual pressure gauge on the oil might help too so you know what kind of pressures it has when it starts to malfunction.
Thanks for the info, I will look into the oil cooler, I am running 10W30 oil for break in could that cause a problem seeing as it is thicker oil.

Kevin.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah get rid of the oil cooler until everything is broken in, i would buy an oil pressure gauge if the motor means anything to u, my first thing i buy for security= oil pressure gauge.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
my oil light was flickering also when we first started the motor don' know why.. it has gone away no..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts