Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case any of you were wondering. Here is a baseline dyno pull for a K24A8. There was a dyno day last Saturday and I decided to run my 2007 Accord 5-Speed. It is totally stock. Just an OEM replacement K&N Air Filter. At the track I have run a best of [email protected] with a 2.1 60'.

·
Registered
60 Posts
im pretty impressed with your times from the track especially. With those numbers most cars would be in the higher 15's or even low 16's. granted you have more tq than most kseries motors but nice times. you obviously know how to drive

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanx for the info.. I have a k24a8 aswell in an EG. Has rbc,type s TB,intake,rcrew header,2.5 exhaust, and kpro with wonder what it will compare to ur numbers.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
WOW NICE!

dam these engines make power!

how much does that car weight?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im pretty impressed with your times from the track especially. With those numbers most cars would be in the higher 15's or even low 16's. granted you have more tq than most kseries motors but nice times. you obviously know how to drive
Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't say I know how do drive well. I like to say I know how to drive this car well. When I go to the track I let my tires(just some regular $60 Falken street tires) down to 18psi, I launch off the neutral rev limiter(4500rpm), and I powershift. I don't get out of third gear. LOL I wish my car was LSD then I think I could get a 2.0 60'. When I don't powershift I have pulled a best of 15.6. There was an older guy at the track with the same car as me and he was running 16.7ish. He was launching at 2500rpm.

Thanx for the info.. I have a k24a8 aswell in an EG. Has rbc,type s TB,intake,rcrew header,2.5 exhaust, and kpro with wonder what it will compare to ur numbers.
Yea. That is really why I posted the numbers, so I can see what kind of power gains I/H/E ect have on this motor.

WOW NICE!
dam these engines make power!
how much does that car weight?
The car weigh's 3050lbs with no driver and about half a tank or gas(just under half a tank). It is a beast.

Wait, what? It has more TQ then HP?
I know. Its like my own little diesel motor.....cept its gasoline.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't say I know how do drive well. I like to say I know how to drive this car well. When I go to the track I let my tires(just some regular $60 Falken street tires) down to 18psi, I launch off the neutral rev limiter(4500rpm), and I powershift. I don't get out of third gear. LOL I wish my car was LSD then I think I could get a 2.0 60'. When I don't powershift I have pulled a best of 15.6. There was an older guy at the track with the same car as me and he was running 16.7ish. He was launching at 2500rpm.
nice man, i do the same i lower mine to 17-18psi i have kpro so i have my two-step at 4000rpm but i got a bit more power lol so traction is a bit harder on street tires. congrats though that older guy was porb saying wtf!?!?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice man, i do the same i lower mine to 17-18psi i have kpro so i have my two-step at 4000rpm but i got a bit more power lol so traction is a bit harder on street tires. congrats though that older guy was porb saying wtf!?!?
Ha yea. Thanks. You gotta love good ole Orlando Speed World. The only way a stock Accord can get traction is having its tires at 18psi.
But yea he was like damn in not even in the 15's yet and your almost in the 14's. I told him he needs to launch higher and just play with the clutch till it hooks.
When I first got the car back in march I didn't know what the hell I was doing. It was my first manual car so I was failing pretty bad. Then after about a month of daily driving and getting used to a manual I started trying to launch and what not. I went to the track in, I think it was may, and ran my car for the first time. Launched at 3k, spun real bad, wheelhop'in everwhere, no powershift, and went 16.4. LOL I was so excited to be in the 16's. Then a few runs later on in the night I pulled 15.8 with some advise from a friend, I don't think anyone has ever been more excited than I was to be in the 15's. I was so happy cuz Cars & Driver said this was a 16.0 car. Hahaha. Now I am knocking(well not really) on 14's with a stock Accord. Oh and I get 30 miles a gallon! Woot woot.
I was going to get a real air intake, TODA header(or some other good header), custom Borla exhaust, and Tanabe coilovers. But when I was thinking about it, and all the money that I have saved up for all that, I was like damn, that's a lot of freakin' money and I should just pay the car off early. So now I am 2k closer to getting it paid off. I really do love this car but in selling/trading it in once I get it paid off next december. That will be a sad day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
yeah that motor with boltons and a civic VX with 6 spd is pretty fun. I have atleast street tune and dyno it.... before swapping in the z1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts