Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched on google.

i just need to know what you guys think of this motor, its out of the element, 160 hp stock and 161 ft pounds of torque, the compression ratio is 9:7:1 which is good for turboing

im thinking of throwing on a gt35r at 11 psi, hit around 400 or so whp, till then run 100 shots of nitrous

what do you guys say? should i get the a4

i will be running it stock with an intake and exhaust for a while, i just took out a d17 turbo from my es2 civic, dont really wanna get bored with a k24 if it turns out to be slow

·
Registered
46 Posts
k24/turbo alone is good enough my boy had his turboed with a 60-1 on like 10-14 pounds of boost and was running hi mid 11's

·
Registered
316 Posts
In stock form the motors fail, your best best with the stock k24a4
is mate it with a 5-speed transmission, turbo it with the 35r.
Head flow isnt the best, at 12-14psi you should be limited to about
380whp maybe 400whp if tuner is good on pump, but with a crapload of torque definatly over 330wtq enough to move you threw the gears.

You should be fine, I wouldnt nitrous the motor just wait to boost it, if it blows your stuck without anything.
A motor making high 300's and mid 300tq in a 2400lbs car with slicks should
be enough to get you into the low 12's, revving to the 7.5krpm the k24a4 is limited to (or less).

Your best best would be trying to get a a2/z1 head, some piston and rods, a2 oil pump... Great setup IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.