Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members,

Looking to see if someone can tell me what is the pinout of the Oil Pressure Sensor. This is for a 2003 Honda Accord ECU.

I'm in the middle of wiring a digital oil pressure gauge and haven't been able to find the pinout on this board/forum. There are a handful of dead links.

Thanks in advance!

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, even the pinout diagrams I've found don't have anything for the oil pressure sensor. I only see info for VTC and VTEC related to oil. Is it labeled something else?

Registered
Just to make sure, it's not giving you an oil pressure readout... only a binary switch. On or Off.

The Oil Pressure Switch is for the warning light on the dash. When the oil pressure hits a certain PSI or below, it grounds the switch and the light comes on.

If you're trying to read Oil Pressure, you'll need to add your own wiring.

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to make sure, it's not giving you an oil pressure readout... only a binary switch. On or Off.

The Oil Pressure Switch is for the warning light on the dash. When the oil pressure hits a certain PSI or below, it grounds the switch and the light comes on.

If you're trying to read Oil Pressure, you'll need to add your own wiring.
Correct, I have a T coming off that sending unit on the block to a pressure sensor for the gauge. I wanted to trace the power, signal and grounds to keep everything close together but good info nonetheless 馃憤

1 - 5 of 5 Posts