Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New to k20a.org and have a question about my current car that i paid $1000 for running driving but was given little info on when purchased from a friend. Car is a 2006 Civic Si coupe that when i purchased i thought it had original motor and trans, until i went to adjust the valves "bad lash" and was surprised to find out that there was no vtec on exhaust side.... knowing that a z3 def would have both. I checked block to find out its a k24a4 motor out of a 04 element and trans was original si vin of car. After finding this i checked the ecu in bay to find out that its a stock civic si ecu... I messaged the original owner not my friend i bought from to find out that car was a built k24 tuned on that ecu and that he swapped out that motor for the stock a4 motor and kept the ecu in it when he sold it to my buddy. This was just tip of ice berg here... full race header with no... i mean NOOO o2 sensors at all with a defouler o2 hooked into the 2nd bank plug and tied off on body of car reading ambient air....car started to run funky as in weird idle and cutting in and out. now note that i fixed the header issue before knowing that car was not a z3 car i had a megan high flow and a stock z3 header laying around which i threw on with oem denso o2 sensors (brand new). Here's where im confused, can you flash a stock z3 ecu to run a kpro and not dbw engine with a flashpro type ecu? also the ecu acts as if its a k20z3 tune (launch at 5500, rev to 8k and vtec engagement at 5850).The one time i reved to 7500 and felt car fall on its face is when i got curious. car is running driving and gets decent fuel mileage just not sure how its running and actually pulling no issues unless under heavy throttle with buildup it is slow rev with slight breaking up almost like a hiccup! any info on this... also to confirm i have a k24a2 and k20a2 motor lined up to do my hybrid setup just going to pull this a4 and do it the right way!

Thanks, best regards!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts