Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so recently ive acquired a 3rd 1987 Accord hatchback, and im starting to compile a list of all the parts im going to be needing and wanting to use. Any advice would be useful. I appreciate your time

ive seen this swap done before twice, finally wanted to take my hand at it. im not looking for crazy horsepower numbers either (200hp-300hp would be perfect) but mainly i want to do the swap over and get her moving.

K24A4 (Honda Element)
was told the engine had around 150K miles on it, i wanna tear her apart and rebuild it completely but wondering what kit/internals i should swap out for reliability/performance also

Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick Addition, i have been given these parts to use with the swap over.
(New) 5Speed TSX Torque Converter
(Used) Manual Civic Si Flywheel
x4 Coil packs
(Used) CRV Engine Mount
K20A2 manual Shifter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure of what the auto trans' capabilites are power wise, and I'm not sure anyone else here is as that is a strange way to build a performance car. as for engine parts, the pistons will have to go since the A4 has unique pistons that only work with the stock head, which isn't great for making power. your coice of SI, TSX, or RSX-S heads will give you true vtec and better flow

as for reliability, make sure you upgrade the timing chain tensioner. It's about a 10 minute job and a must if you wanna make big power
thats all the info i needed, thank ya.a little boost in performance, with some reliability is what i wanted. Nothing insane at all. Itll be a daily for me once i put it together, and having a manual where i live is horrible for daily driving. So ill have to go auto. But i will most certainly be doing a head/piston/rod swap, along with ARO Headstuds to go with it, maybe slightly bigger injectors, and a CAI, after that, thats about it. I dont wanna boost it. atleast not yet anyway. I just wanna slap her in the accord and get her going. The most important thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts