Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello k20a.org hopefully I am posting this in the correct section if not I apologize I am extremely uneducated on how forums work or let alone how to even post a thread for that matter because it took me
The better half of a day to find the "new thread" link

So my issue..

I recently swapped in a 2004 Honda Accord k24a4 motor and 5 speed accord tranny into my 1996 civic coupe. I only attempted this swap due to its affordability and because, Originally I boosted the d16y8 with a cheap eBay kit and eventually the head lifted for take off.

Well needless to say I messed up along the way multiple times and learned from my mistakes (for example: . Ekk4 and the ekk1 kits are not the same)
I currently am running a

dg subframe,
Hasport ekk4 mounts,
Megan racing k swap header
Si half shaft
Crv engine bracket
Home made clutch line
K tuned conversion harness
Hasport axels

I grabbed the accord harness out of the wrecked car the engine/tranny came from and was then told by a few buddies I need to toss it cuz it won't work

So I then bought a 2005 element engine harness, I was told it was for a manual when it arrived at my door I quickly picked up on the fact that there's about 5 more plugs than the accord one (I'm assuming it's for an auto

) needless to say I managed to plug in just about every sensor minus the two on the tranny (they're there but the plugs don't match up, possibly cut and splice plugs from the accord harness??)

I then purchased a pzd a06 ecu for an 05 element that I am
Currently sending out to Ktuner for a reflash (hopefully that's not mistake number 2)

Mistake number 3:
Originally I purchased an immobilizer from k tuned with intentions to run an accord ecu but soon was talked out of it by researching multiple forums and realizing it's just the cheaper way out of a tune or flash (still have it brand new never touched possibly for sale if anyone is interested in it)

Finally to end this novel I composed,
My question to you guys is, Does anyone have the pinouts for the pzd ecu, or is there any differences between this element ecu and harness than that of the rsx type s? I've searched to the point my wife wants a divorce because I spend more time on researching this than I do on her. And there is not a single stitch of info on which wires are in the incorrect location or what has to be done as far as an element harness goes for this swap. also should this Elment harness work for an accord engine/tranny? Other than the 4wd versions the drivetrain from what I'm
To understand is identical between element and accord.

I'm basing most of my swap off the vtecacadamy budget k24 swap and there's a breif mention of the element harness being slightly different than that of the rsx and BEOFRE I destroy this ecu by accident I want to know if anyone is familiar with what specifically needs to be changed on either the k tuned conversion harness or the factory element harness

Thank you everyone and I apologize if this was a bit overwhelming I merely wanted to explain the entire story to not waste anyone's time and to give a full understanding of what's going on with this project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the response,

So beings they are completely different than the rsx and the tsx, would that tsx attatchment be of any relation to the element pinout? I will compare what you've sent me to my harness when I get back to my shop tonight. But is it safe to assume that, although the pins may not be in the same locations, the wire colors themselves should all have the same values as that attatched chart?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you so much for the response,

So beings they are completely different than the rsx and the tsx, would that tsx attatchment be of any relation to the element pinout? I will compare what you've sent me to my harness when I get back to my shop tonight. But is it safe to assume that, although the pins may not be in the same locations, the wire colors themselves should all have the same values as that attatched chart?
Between RSX and TSX/accord, you need unplug different pins from the white connector and remap them to correct position according to ECU pinout. The engine management signals are 99% identical. For wire colors I am not sure between RSX and accord, I guess they are not same as acura and honda are different design teams. They may share most of wires on color. You need to put all of them into excel one by one to done this job.
For element I don't have a manual to compare I guess they share accord/tsx pinout.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for the quick reply

, I'm a little bit confused though on why I would have to repin the connectors to be in the same pin locations for an rsx? I'm using the same ECU that the element harness was made for, pzd a06 ecu from a 2005 Honda Element and I'm using a 2005 element harness, my reasoning for the pinout question is specifically for the conversion harness.

The conversion harness asks to tap into a few wires on the ecu. The instructions Ktuned keeps giving me are for that of an rsx type s pinout as they don't have the pinouts for element either.

So for example if it calls to tap into pin a16 for the fuel pump relay. That would be the pin for an rsx harness, not an element. And that is where I'm stuck. :thud:http://www.k20a.org/forum/images/smilies/thud.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts