Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a K24A4 and I thought it would be easy to find parts, but im looking to boost it but I cant find a k24a4 specific manifold, will a k20 manifold bolt up, maybe a b series? And same question for the intake, what parts aren't k24a4 specific?

·
Registered
464 Posts
If I'm not mistaken most, if not all, the K20 heads have a different coolant setup than the K24A4. On the K24A4 the coolant outlet is part of the intake manifold, on the K20 it is separate. I don't think you can use a K20 intake manifold on the K24A4.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,611 Posts
If I'm not mistaken most, if not all, the K20 heads have a different coolant setup than the K24A4. On the K24A4 the coolant outlet is part of the intake manifold, on the K20 it is separate. I don't think you can use a K20 intake manifold on the K24A4.
That's correct, but aftermarket offers adapters for any combination: Z-head to A-IM and vice versa. I have Z-head (RSP) and a A-type flange (PRB), same is valid for the other way around if you have an RBC IM you can cut out the coolant connection and use an adapter to bypass the coolant to the thermostat. Bolt-wise it doesn't matter, both have the same pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts