Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all over and could not get a final answer so I hope I can get a legit answers.

I'm going to run a 5spd k24a4 accord trans with my k24/k20 setup shorly after it will be turbocharged running low boost about 6-7psi not looking to make crazy power as this is my DD. I'm looking at what options I have as far as clutch/flywheel setups. I love my exedy stage 1 which I have in my h22 accord at the moment but noticed to run the exedy stage 2 with a k24a4 trans you will need to run their lighter HF02 9lb flywheel if you a k24a4 or base 5spd k20 trans why is that? Why can't I run like a type S flywheel or even tsx/accord flywheel. I don't want to run a lighter flywheel to be honest. The other option I've been looking at is running a Competition Clutch Stage 2 I know K series clutches are interchangeable but of course it does not list the k24 5spd on their website and of course don't tell you if you can run a stock or rsx-s flywheel? with that trans.

Basically I'm trying to find a clutch and flywheel combo for a daily driver that won't be harsh in the city traffic similar to the exedy stage 1 that I'm running now. I don't want to run a lighter flywheel so what options do I have thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I was hoping an rsx-s flywheel would be ok for this trans, is this Will? this is dre with the accord/k project :D I'll def contact you when I need the clutch and other parts.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Cool I was hoping an rsx-s flywheel would be ok for this trans, is this Will? this is dre with the accord/k project :D I'll def contact you when I need the clutch and other parts.
Let me know if you need a k24 5spd manual transmission,I've one mint for a great deal.:cool:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys, I picked up the trans a while back. You should list them on clubrsx or gen7accord also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts