Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here and I'm on the look out for a Accord Type-S Honda '03/'04 (European), so basically a TSX in the states. It is a CL9 chassis.

This car has the k24a3 engine, I have been told that I can swap a k20a/a2 head to it. Have I been told right?

Secondly, if I swapped the k20 head over, would I be able to change the intake manifold to RBC/RRC?

Thirdly, what is the situation with mapping, kpro etc? Do I need a TSX ECU or can I use a harness I read about to use both the standard ECU/Kpro at the same time.

Thanks. :shades:

·
Registered
319 Posts
what country are you in?

i have a CL9 with k24a3.

you can run rbc/rrc on a stock k24a3 head.

for hondata flashpro yes you will need an 07-08 tsx ecu, you can get that through autofair honda on this forum.

depending on what year cl9 you buy depends on whether you need the adapter harness or not, this is only two wires and is easy to fit, its just an extension of the can bus system to the obd2 plug.

·
Registered
79 Posts
why u want change your head? it has true vtec in it and for stock cams flows like k20 head differences strats at 0.500+ lift;
if u are in europ think about rsp manifold it's P&P for your head

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what country are you in?

i have a CL9 with k24a3.

you can run rbc/rrc on a stock k24a3 head.

for hondata flashpro yes you will need an 07-08 tsx ecu, you can get that through autofair honda on this forum.

depending on what year cl9 you buy depends on whether you need the adapter harness or not, this is only two wires and is easy to fit, its just an extension of the can bus system to the obd2 plug.
UK. Thanks for the input, that seems fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.