Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I really need some help here.
I have got a k24a3 euro r complete swap (ecu, m/t harness, 6 speed ats5 tranny) and I am trying to drop it into my rhd ek sedan. So my main issue besides mounts and all is the ktuner. I want to run ktuner but i dont know which route to go. I have heard from Hamotorsports that i can in fact use the harness from my motor and go to either an 03-05 accord ecu or 05/06 rsx type s ktuner ecu. Well i was about to purchase but i moved onto the wiring conversion harness and now these people including hasport is telling me no that it is not possible to use k24a3 harness and I need to get a 05/06 harness, 05/06 ktuner ecu, and drop close to 500$ for a more rare conversion harness from k20z1 to 96-98 ek. I am not trying to buy parts that i dont need and my pockets arent that deep to be making huge mistakes like this. I have looked all over forums and it doesnt seem that I can get a definitive answer from anyone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hopefully someone familiar with your model will answer. I started reading cos I'm using a '05 K24A3 & ASTM5 6speed in my swap. I'm using the supplied TSX harness, modified for TPS & IAC, with a '05 accord ECU & KTuner.

What is the reason they say for the harness not working? Because of the age of your car/factory cluster differences, etc.?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully someone familiar with your model will answer. I started reading cos I'm using a '05 K24A3 & ASTM5 6speed in my swap. I'm using the supplied TSX harness, modified for TPS & IAC, with a '05 accord ECU & KTuner.

What is the reason they say for the harness not working? Because of the age of your car/factory cluster differences, etc.?
Most are not giving me reasoning, some are saying some shizz about my harness and motor not being usdm, others are mentioning the dbw issue but at the same time I am converting to k20a2/a3/z1 or Accord dbc so maybe they are saying this because of dbw to dbc? K24a2 and K24a3 looks to be just a different name branded car (usdm tsx vs jdm Accord). I don’t know, I did recently have some luck with “h tuned” saying that there is a hasport harness that will allow me to do this using my original harness straight to a conversion harness so let’s see I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, I don't have enough information about cars. Whenever I have got a problem in my car, I used to take it to the mechanic who solves my car problem easily. I have a Honda Accord car too. I am trying to learn about my car parts so that I can solve any problem of my car by myself. That is why I came here to learn about my car. By the way, if you are ready to pay someone to do your assignment then you can take some additional hints over here. Maybe this will help you with your assignment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts