Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much power, torque and displacement would be on the k24a2 with the k20a head vs k24a with the f20c head. I know from reading the article on www.theksource.com that its a little more work to put the f20c head on.

So if anyone knows please tell us and if someone knows how to do the math then heres some info

k24a2
[email protected]
[email protected]
2354cc
10.5:1 comp ratio
87mm x 99mm bore & stroke

k20a
[email protected]
[email protected]
1998cc
11.0:1
86mm x 86mm

f20c
[email protected]
[email protected]
1997cc
11.0:1
87mm x 84mm

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the specs of the k20a motor you used i am assuming you are saying its a k20a2. Since that is pointed out, i would say that the k24a2 head and the k20a2 head have similar flow rates. But if the k24a2 is used with the k20a2 intake cam with the VTC and the TSX exhaust cam the motor would produce around 210-240ish whp and 175-190ish wft torque. Power is an estimation for the fact that the parts used, environment settings - weather condition, temp, etc., etc., and the tuner is a factor. Also from the dyno sheets i've seen with bolt-ons and hondata the stock TSX motor produces around 210hp and 175ft torque to the wheels, so that is where i got the hp and torque estimation figure from. Displacement wise, it would still be 2354cc or the stock 2.4l because the motor is not storked or bored out.
Just wanted to point out that the TSX exhaust cam is more aggressive than the k20aR and k20a2 exhaust cam in duration and lift. Plus the VTC on both k20a head is able to be advance 50 degree instead of the TSX's 25 degree so there is more power being made from the extra 25 degree.
For the f20c head, there is no more improvement that can be made for the head to flow better since its maxed out from the factory. Also the head flow rate is not that much better than the k20a head, but seeing a f20c head on any k-series engine would be interesting. I know that a few of these info are not correct so any knowledgeable information are welcomed.

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
It is more that a little more work.. Not worth it, I am pretty sure about that. The K series heads flow very well from the factory. I have heard that on a type S, there is not much that can be done on the intake ports... Just the exhaust ports. The TSX head (k24a2) has more room to grow because the intake ports are smaller and material can be taken out.. So you can make a k24a2 look like a k20a2 head but not the other way around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.