Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to do a K swap in my crx using a K24A2 tsx head on a K24Z3 accord block. I'm going to use tsx pistons and rod in the K24Z3 block. Plus, a K20A2 oil pump, chains, baffle plate, and chain guides.

Looking through some forums, some say there is a hole that need to be blocked off if a K20A2 oil pump is used on a K24Z3 block. Any info on that?

I know that the K24Z3 block has a different crank angle sensor location. Is it still fine to run it there or should I run the crank angle sensor at the pulley side? Is the voltage reading different from the two differently located crank angle sensors?

Also, would a tsx headgasket fit correctly on the K24Z3 block?

And lastly, does a Si or RSX-S transmission bolt up to the K24Z3 block?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!! I know not many people run the K24Z3 block, but its the only block that I have... Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
what you are trying to do is more trouble than its worth IMO.

Oil passages don't line up properly between the head/gasket & the block. There is an oil feed to the balance shafts that needs to be plugged. If going in an older car (swap or dc5, ep3, fg2, fa5) the oil filter location on the k24z3 needs to be blocked off & you need to run a filter adapter up near where the filter would be on the older k-series blocks.

what chassis is this going in? the crank sensors have different signals - so you must use the sensor that matches the ecu (ie if this is going to be in 2009+ tsx or 2012+ si use the k24z crank pickup & sensor) if using in a swap chassis or 06-11si you need to use the older style crank sensor

There are only a few people I know that have successfully done this swap... ie HPD, John @ Hytech and they don't tell people exactly what needs to be done - instead they get paid a lot of money to do it

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
My suggestion is find a 04-08 tsx block. With cast pistons you'll want the squirters. The headaches you'll save will be worth ever extra penny it costs.

Trying to run that block will be more trouble than it's worth. To get an idea read this 10 pg build thread
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107674

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I read some of the problems the guy had on his build, and it is a lot of headache. I'll see what I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts