Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking to machine and upgrade my rbb3 head. I'm close to pulling the trigger on Prayoonto cam stage 4. I'm also making the common selection to get Supertech spring/retainer/seat kit SPRK-H1021D. I'm also picking up the +1mm valve Supertech HIVN-1022F & HEVN1021F. Just want to hear your thoughts on this selection and if you could offer any advice on the machining process.

I've talked to a few machine shops and it seems like I need to make up my mind on parts before I move forward. I will later upgrade pistons &rods.

Thanks & Happy Holidays

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,140 Posts

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,140 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to use what I have especially because the head isn't bad. I know alot of people talk bad about the tsx head, but I've also heard some really good things. Like the low end range as well as its the preferred head for the high horsepower turbo engine. I think I'm just going to get it cnc ported&washed then do my cam&valve upgrade later...great Black Friday deal

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,140 Posts
Do you have any advice on the valve and cam selection?
For 300whp at the peak you will want skunk2 ultra 1, ultra 2 , DC 4 , DC 4.5 (very big cam needs 12.5:1 or better ). The 3.2 drag cartels can do it with 12.5:1+ ,ITB or an ultra race/90mm tb combo.

stock k24a block 4piston tsx head ultra 1 cam eBay header 294/213

stock k24a block 4 piston tsx head sk2 tuner 2 cam asp header 282whp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My build is going to be for road trips, autocross, & circuit tracks. I'm going with 11.1:1 cr. Being able to run pump and do long distance road trips is important to me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
With a proper tune you should be able to run 12:1 on 93 pump gas.

I have a b18c thats nearly 13:1 and runs on the equivalent to your 93 pump gas without a problem for the last 6 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts