Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yea my problem is the bracket for cable has nowhere to attach. The only thing I can think is to have a new custom bracket made . I think with the k20 you didn't need to swap the throttle body tho so the bracket was still there right? I got the oem 05 accord tb and it bolts right on, but unfortunately the k tuned throttle cable kits bracket doesn't attach to the accord tb. I think the kit is probably for the aftermarket swap tb. The cable from the kit will work fine. I just need to figure out what people are doing for the bracket with the accord tb.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yea my problem is the bracket for cable has nowhere to attach. The only thing I can think is to have a new custom bracket made . I think with the k20 you didn't need to swap the throttle body tho so the bracket was still there right? I got the oem 05 accord tb and it bolts right on, but unfortunately the k tuned throttle cable kits bracket doesn't attach to the accord tb. I think the kit is probably for the aftermarket swap tb. The cable from the kit will work fine. I just need to figure out what people are doing for the bracket with the accord tb.
have you tried the stock accord throttle cable bracket since it attaches to the throttle body you are using?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was planning on doing that but unfortunately the brand new oem tb didn't come with one. But yea I'll look around and see if i can't find the oem accord bracket on eBay or something

·
Registered
7 Posts
the accord throttle body is cable operated.

the only other real option for you is to buy the karcepts adapter plate and run an ep3 or rsx throttle body.

the ep/rsx one is 2mm larger, but the accord one bolts right on....personal preference i guess
I am about to just do that... I gotta jdm k24 equivalent t to the tsx k24a2 and in have a base model rsx trottle body in gonna use. Karcept should have it right

·
Registered
60 Posts
I sent my Accord TB and JDM K24a intake manifold off to King Motorsports to have it opened up and matched. They claim 2.5 -3 mm over stock. That should make it larger than 08 k24a2 and RSX.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts