Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching since last week for some solid information on this topic, and have only found bits and pieces strewn about several forums.

I'm curious as to what throttle body options I have for the K24A2. I'd like to maintain the RBB intake manifold, since it has nice low end torque. But, I need to get rid of the DBW ("drive by wire") and am struggling on the options. I have seen people using K20-series throttle bodies with adapter plates, but I'm curious to see if you can use anything else. Also, I haven't found definitive information on whether or not the 03-05 K24A4 throttle body is/isn't DBW. Anyone willing to throw in their 2 cents, would be appreciated. :)

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
the accord one will work bolt on...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
the accord throttle body is cable operated.

the only other real option for you is to buy the karcepts adapter plate and run an ep3 or rsx throttle body.

the ep/rsx one is 2mm larger, but the accord one bolts right on....personal preference i guess

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
the Accord one is aslo $160 OEM NEW whereas the RSX is over $500. Accord FTW.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JustinD said:
the accord throttle body is cable operated.

the only other real option for you is to buy the karcepts adapter plate and run an ep3 or rsx throttle body.

the ep/rsx one is 2mm larger, but the accord one bolts right on....personal preference i guess
Froth said:
the Accord one is aslo $160 OEM NEW whereas the RSX is over $500. Accord FTW.
Thanks for the info. guys. It's appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I have a used 2003 Accord throttle body with all sensors. I will sell it for $90 shipped (in the continental US via UPS Ground Service).

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Accord throttle body has 660 stamped in the butterfly. Some might mistaken this for 66.0MM. When put up next to the RSX-S throttle body, it is significantly smaller in diameter.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
The older cable accord TB's are 60mm plate. I have one on my daily k24a2

you will want the older 04-05 RBB plenum, as it has provision for IAC, if using a bolt on accord TB (02-05) or Bolt on euro accord cable TB (05 - which is 62.5mm plate the same as RSX-s ).

Or you can use the 04-05 RBB IM or 06+ RBB IM with a throttle body adapter & a RSX-s TB or aftermarket.

·
Registered
308 Posts
By older do you mean 05 and earlier? My 06 TSX engine has a RAA manifold, is that normal? :wwhat: Seems to be the same as the one on my K24A4 :-(

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
By older do you mean 05 and earlier? My 06 TSX engine has a RAA manifold, is that normal? :wwhat: Seems to be the same as the one on my K24A4 :-(
I believe all may share the same injector base (stamped RAA I think) but the tsx plenum section is different as its stamped RBB. 04-05 have extra meat on the tb flange with a passage that will work with iac from accord tb or rsx tb (although bolt pattern is different with rsx tb). 06 RBB I'm doesnt have the provision for iac and does not have enough meat to grind a iac passage. Much like the rsp manifold. Which Karcepts has a nice adapter plate for

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
They share the same injector base.
Actually looking at diagrams and part numbers 04-05 tsx injector base is identical to 03-06 accord. 06-08 tsx both injector base & plenum part numbers changed to end in "a01" not sure what's different on the base.

Check out 07 accord tho -changed to "RTB" for both And the plenum looks to have a big plastic extra chamber that attaches to the regular plenum

I can't believe I didnt know this :p

Viet - I think you are looking at the stamp that is on the runners near the head - that's the injector base. I think the plenum may be stamped on the back side iirc

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll double check tomorrow. I put the Accord TB on my manifold today, it fit. But after finding out the RSX-S TB was bigger, I put that on with my new Karcepts adapter

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the accord throttle body on now. I'm curious about the cable tho. I got a ktuned throttle cable kit and I'm not sure it's gna work. Whst did you guys use? K24a2 into an Eg hatch. Thanks guys

1 - 20 of 33 Posts