Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a k24a2 to swap into my eg and I have a few question.From what I read you have to change the TB on the tsx because it drive by wire so can I just get a TB from an accord and I be fine or do I have to change the manifold as well.The other question has hondata found a way that you can keep the tsx drive by wire instead of changing the TB.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Wuts up man,

nice to see you one here :)

I would honestly recommend that you switch IM and Tbs for the swap. The throttle by wire issues isnt simply an electrical thing...trying use it with your EG will not work unless you do some serious changes to your pedal assembly and whatnot.

I would honestly just reccommend that you witch the Intake Manifold and Throttlebody for a k20a2/a3 one. You can get Civic si components cheap, and they are the same as the rsx :)

Hope this helps :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Do you need an adapter plate to bolt any different throttle body, to a non-corrisponding alternate Intake mani?

Or simply put is there any Intake mani/Throttle combo that bolt right up to the TSX block? OR is the TSX the only Inatke manifold with the coolant passage in the flange?

And does anybody know if there is an OEM throttle body that bolts right up to the Euro R mani (PRB?)?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PapiTuyo326 said:
Wuts up man,

nice to see you one here :)

I would honestly recommend that you switch IM and Tbs for the swap. The throttle by wire issues isnt simply an electrical thing...trying use it with your EG will not work unless you do some serious changes to your pedal assembly and whatnot.

I would honestly just reccommend that you witch the Intake Manifold and Throttlebody for a k20a2/a3 one. You can get Civic si components cheap, and they are the same as the rsx :)

Hope this helps :up:
Hey thanks for the help,So I would have to change the IM and TB I can't just put an accord TB to the tsx manifold.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
racerus said:
Hey thanks for the help,So I would have to change the IM and TB I can't just put an accord TB to the tsx manifold.
HMM i suppose you could use the accored throttle body...im not too sure as far as its size tho. Im not sure if the accord intake manifold will fit in the EG chassis. Brian G and others would be able to answer the throttle body question better since they are more familiar with swapping k motors into different chassis.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would really just like to keep the tsx manifold and change the TB out for an accord or which ever one may fit.So what the deal with the coolant passage I think that is what it is called, if you chage the tsx manifold do you have to block it off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going through the same thing as you, now that I'm plannig on swapping a K24A2.

It seems very difficult to get a straight answer on this subject. As best I can tell after talking to people and reading a whole lot of stuff, the Accord TB and Euro R TB are the only two which will fit the TSX IM.

Off course, I'm sure you could make other things work, but it seems that these two are the only ones requiring no mods. Having said that, I would be surprised if the Euro R TB was not drive by wire. So this leaves us with the USDM 2.4L accord TB which is smaller than the stock TSX TB.

So for simplicity, the accord TB will work, but it won't give you great performance if you do other mods to the motor. I will be looking into getting the USDM Accord TB overbored. I will try and remmeber to post some info on this once I figure it out.

As far the Euro R IM fitting the TSX head, no one has been able to answer that question for me yet.

Pascal

·
Registered
345 Posts
any reason custom plate can't be fab to mount rsx t.b. to tsx i.m if needed? this is the route i hope to take. i anyone knows yes/no rsx t.b. will fit or not would be helpful. have searched but always get mixed opinions or answers. would like to here from someone that has finished swap.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Does anyone also know if the k20a2/k20a2/k20a manifold will bolt up to the tsx head? I have gotten mixed answers on this as well, some say to use that manifold and some say it doesnt fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have heard that the K20 intake manifold fits because for a 7th gen civic to fit a K24 it needs to run a K20 intake manifold.

Source : 7th Gen Civic Thread

On the subject of the K24A2 TB, are people proposing that a K24A2 can keep the throttle body if the pedal assembly for the accelerator is put into the car recieving the swap? I want to do a K24 over a K20 but also want to make it legal for California interms of the law.

·
Registered
119 Posts
how would that not be legal in california? curious because im in cali and am in the process of swapping a k24a2 tsx motor in em2.
as far as the IM i will be running a k20a type-r manifold with hondata IM gasket and the coolant port blocked off. hopefully i will get the motor back tomorrow and take pics of it and then install the manifold and type-s TB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From the information I got when talking to the smog ref this Tuesday, he basically said that the engine and ecu need to be from the same car. I don't mind talking to him again to confrim this but if you are running a K24A2 with a different throttle body than the Drive By Wire, I am assuming you are either running a different ECU than the K24A2 version.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the ECU matching the engine. I have only have one source of information and it is not even a written source so I understand that I can be wrong.

BTW, I am not even close to doing my swap but am looking to make my setup as legal as possible so that I don't get hassled by police.

·
Registered
119 Posts
uceng said:
From the information I got when talking to the smog ref this Tuesday, he basically said that the engine and ecu need to be from the same car. I don't mind talking to him again to confrim this but if you are running a K24A2 with a different throttle body than the Drive By Wire, I am assuming you are either running a different ECU than the K24A2 version.

Please correct me if I am wrong about the ECU matching the engine. I have only have one source of information and it is not even a written source so I understand that I can be wrong.

BTW, I am not even close to doing my swap but am looking to make my setup as legal as possible so that I don't get hassled by police.
well as far as know, they would have no idea what my setup will be. i can tell them its an rsx type-s and they would not know the wiser. the ecu does not have a vin and there are many people that have passed smog with k-pro. as far as they are concerned, its a bored out k20 or something.
my advice to not get hassled is to take off or paint the intake manifold cover so they have no clue what it is. that and run a stock cat. the one time i popped my hood for the cop all he saw was my dc - carb approved shorty header and my k&n carb approved intake.
any more info would be greatly appreciated though. now im kinda curious as to wheter or not to go the state ref or just pay someone off to smog it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
has anyone figured out which TB to use in a k24a2 swap...?

i know the K-series accord will fit, but may hinder performance due to smaller bore.

from what i've read the RSX will not fit.

the Euro R Accord I keep reading will work, but I can't for the life of me find anywhere to purchase one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.