Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker here. Swapping in a K24a2 from a 05 TSX into my 00 em1. I was wondering about how much hp/tq this motor should make with the following mods (already bought) and was curious about the positives and negatives of the 6 spd vs 5 spd in this car, not sure if I'm going turbo in the future currently have a 5spd. Also, what is a safe rev limit? I've heard anywhere from 7600 to 8200... And is the LSD worth getting? Thanks in advance!

Mods List:
3" SRI intake piping
70mm Blox throttle body
Ported/polished RBC
Type R camshaft with 50deg VTC
Supertech 80lb valvetrain
K20a2 oil pump
Kpro
K-tuned budget swap header
3" Kteller exhaust piping to 3" K-tuned universal muffler
91 oct

·
Registered
74 Posts
LSD is worth it for sure if not you'll spinning tires a lot. I have the same swap, bone stock k24a2 with 6 speed type S tranny in a ek coupe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LSD is worth it for sure if not you'll spinning tires a lot. I have the same swap, bone stock k24a2 with 6 speed type S tranny in a ek coupe
Cool, probably going to pick up an LSD soon. How you liking the torque so far? Also, I've searched all over but is the spoiler on the 99-00 EK coupe's actually functional? The previous owner removed it and I'm going to be tracking this thing eventually, was wondering if it would help in the corners a bit to keep it planted or if there are some good aftermarket options that are actually performance oriented and not a park bench

·
Registered
74 Posts
The torque is amazing compared to the stock d16. Not sure about the spoiler tho but tires will make more of a difference than a spoiler thats for sure

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with jonnyfrancis in regards to the torque of the K24. You’ll find yourself in 5th/6th gear a lot if you ride around town, and actually still able to accelerate in those gears. In my car, I shift it like the semi truck drivers do since it’s so torquey

Even in the case of the B16, in terms of the torque output of what you’d get from the K24, it’s a night and day difference. I think the torque difference between the D16y8 and B16a2 was only 5 lb/ft so either way it’s quite a difference once you swap over.

There are many variables that would affect the output, but maybe 220-230whp and 180-190wtq? That’s a rough guess. In my own setup when it was basically stock with bolt ons (RBC, OEM TB, KTuned Big Tube, stock head block K24a2, 3” cold air, RDX injectors, KPro, 93oct) it made 229.4whp and 189.2 wtq

1 - 7 of 7 Posts