Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna do a k24a2 swap in my ep3. I was just wondering if that is a good idea and if it will give me good numbers? i dont wanna run 10s but i just dont like the power from the stock a3.... the ep is my daily also what else will i need to do this swap? and around how much will it cost or would a k20a2 be better?

·
Registered
97 Posts
i wanna do a k24a2 swap in my ep3. I was just wondering if that is a good idea and if it will give me good numbers? i dont wanna run 10s but i just dont like the power from the stock a3.... the ep is my daily also what else will i need to do this swap? and around how much will it cost or would a k20a2 be better?
For a daily I'd say k24 is way better. Its much easier to drive in the city as it requires much less shifting.

As far as cost goes that's really up to you, if you wana get crazy you can easily loose $10k and not be done.

For a stock k24a2 without kpro, maybe like a type S header and midpipe, you'd probably be looking $3-4k ish installed realistically.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The stock tranny will work, its just not optimal. Best thing to do is get a 02-04 rsx type S 6 speed tranny. LSD isn't needed but is a good idea. Kpro is a good idea as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock tranny will work, its just not optimal. Best thing to do is get a 02-04 rsx type S 6 speed tranny. LSD isn't needed but is a good idea. Kpro is a good idea as well.
well i wanna keep my ep3 tranny bc i already have lsd on it and stage 1 clutch and 8lb flywheel.... so if i get a new tranny i would have to buy all this over again....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you dont have to buy it all over again. lsd can be swapped over to the 6 speed tranny. the only thing you need thats different is the passenger mount of the crv im pretty sure. the one that bolts to the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am just wondering iam doing the same swap (k24a2 jrsc type r tranny) right now and is he going to half to worry about the EGR port kit from honda or is the hasport adapter plate worth it dong couse there is a huge differance in price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts