Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i came to document my 83 rx7 build. this build has been brewing in my mind for a couple months, and i think now is the time to start. i will be making the mounts myself, i will be doing the ecu tuning myself(aem infinity). everything will be made by me, except the driveshaft. ill upload pics as i go. i will also be uploading to youtube as i make big changes. lets get this started!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoping to get the clutch in the next couple days. I still have to get a motor but I know where I can get one. So I have some goodies coming in the mail.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man! I'm looking to swap in a k24a2 from a acura tsx. It will be stock going in until I figure out the tuning and stuff, then all the fast parts will go on. I promise I'll bring a touch of mazda to the honda engine to please the rotary gods🤣🤣🤣

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
Thanks man! I'm looking to swap in a k24a2 from a acura tsx. It will be stock going in until I figure out the tuning and stuff, then all the fast parts will go on. I promise I'll bring a touch of mazda to the honda engine to please the rotary gods🤣🤣🤣
Mmmhhh...to please the rotary gods you need a K20 engine and fit it for 9,500 rpm :D.

I wouldn't do that with the stock small block of the K24 nor the K20. But a proper built K20 manages that and if valvetrain is adapted for it, also above. The background, you may know that, is the piston accelerations will increase that much that piston-liner-clearance, main bearing and rod bearing clearances need as well as the weights to be adapted to that requirement. We talk about bolt forces of 2+ tons on each rod bolt when a 99 stroke block revs to 9400 rpm.

Anyway, I am looking forward to see that heart plant documented here. I hope you don't get issues with Valve cover to engine hood clearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
K20 is nice too, but I want that extra grunt😈. it's going to be absolutely beautiful and amazing. This is going to be a road car. It won't see dragstrips or car shows. I will go balls to the wall on the engine after I get the motor in and ecu working and it's driving around just fine. I'm not worried about the hood. I'll cut it if need be. A hood is a super small price(to me) to get that motor in there. I'm worried about the steering since it's not rack and pinion but has a steering box and it's pitman arm is right there. I'll cross that bridge once I get there!

This ride is not planned in the slightest with the exception of the engine, trans, ecu. We all are going for a ride😂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this in the mail the other day 😏i contacted a company that make interior pieces so I'm hoping i can maybe send it to them then they can cut out the shape so that'll fit with no problems🙂

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice im doing the same please keep us updated. Here's a picture of my fb I am selling the 12a turbo set up with t2 trans and plan to go the same route you are.
Good luck on your build looks good so far 👍

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts