Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Which parts i need to my k24a2 give 500whp for the street drive with fuel gas
Now my engine is 100% stock...
Tnx everybody

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
Which parts i need to my k24a2 give 500whp for the street drive with fuel gas...
Depends on what kind of application you have in mind. That power level can be squeezed out of an 90x108 NA engine build, but also of an simple boosted engine on stock longblock internals.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
GT35R with lots of boost...It won't be reliable
AngryScotsman, I know you speak from experience. But you have to add you raced the engine hard and often and as long as not analyzed to the end I would say that happens under specific circumstances (faulty tune, lost sensor signal or actor quality, faulty fuel injector, oil grade vs bearing clearance issue, thermal issue, not fitting hone structure, ...). I've seen stock K20 on 500 whp running the green hell up and down without issues, but also bone stock K20'ies with piston seizure. I don't align with you, saying "it won't be reliable". As always it depends on built and tuning quality and of course on speed and load profile.

·
Registered
35 Posts
K swapped MR2 running 424hp to the wheels (roughly 500hp crank) using a K24A2, eBay log manifold and eBay GT35R @ 15psi, RBC manifold, air-to-air...weather permitting, I've been daily driving it for a year now w/o issue on pump gas. Knowing the log manifold is my choking point, I'm upgrading the manifold, a GTX3582R and larger wastegate for an E85 tune and hoping to hit around 500hp to the wheels and then I'm calling it a day since it'll be on borrowed time, but I'd still call it reliable...just depends on how you use it. I don't "race" the car, it's more of a summer DD for me that allows me to pass slow idiots on the freeway with ease and/or have some fun with the occasional weekend out roll racing.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
K swapped MR2 running 424hp to the wheels (roughly 500hp crank) using a K24A2, eBay log manifold and eBay GT35R @ 15psi, RBC manifold, air-to-air...weather permitting, I've been daily driving it for a year now w/o issue on pump gas. Knowing the log manifold is my choking point, I'm upgrading the manifold, a GTX3582R and larger wastegate for an E85 tune and hoping to hit around 500hp to the wheels and then I'm calling it a day since it'll be on borrowed time, but I'd still call it reliable...just depends on how you use it. I don't "race" the car, it's more of a summer DD for me that allows me to pass slow idiots on the freeway with ease and/or have some fun with the occasional weekend out roll racing.
Thanks for your report m5james! What WOT timing and VTC curve does your engine like at WOT most? Just to get an idea about the GT35R matching to your engine setup.

·
Registered
Eg
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..........please write your comment.........
Most power without losing reliability ?¿
;)
Stock engine
Only headrs , injectors , gt35R , and pump gas

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
Yes, sir...it's running Hondata KPro V4. I've installed KManager on my laptop but I've used it once.
It is a simple and straight process, we can manage it:
  1. conect your laptop with the KManager to the ECU with ign. on
  2. check the if KManager has a connection to the ECU
  3. Go to "online" -> "tools" -> "download"
  4. The actual on the ECU stored calibration is now on your laptop. This file you can store on your laptop.
  5. Go to "File" -> "Save as" and save it on a place where you like on your laptop
This procedure doesn't harm your calibration as long as you don't change anything AND "upload" it. So no fear to contact to download your calibration file. If you don't mind to share you can send it to me via email.

·
Registered
Eg
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oil pump k24a2 not good?
After swap engine we will start stock engine
Step 2
Rebuild it +
Je 10:1 pistons
Eagle rod
Arp head studs
Acl bearing
Tuner stage 3 cams
Block gaurd
Valve and valve train
But idk stay 10:1 comp or 9:1 and darton sleeve or oem
Head k24a2 or k20a2 head?

:cry:

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
Oil pump k24a2 not good?
Depends on your redline and application goal.

But idk stay 10:1 comp or 9:1 and darton sleeve or oem
Head k24a2 or k20a2 head?
Also depends on your torque curve shape goal.

You need to know what you want regarding, torque curve shape, application and load speed profile to get a proper answer. Otherwise your engine goes boom like that one of AngryScotsman!

·
Registered
Eg
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depends on your redline and application goal.

Also depends on your torque curve shape goal.

You need to know what you want regarding, torque curve shape, application and load speed profile to get a proper answer. Otherwise your engine goes boom like that one of AngryScotsman!
Whats happend for his engine?
What was his setup ?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
Whats happend for his engine?
What was his setup ?

·
Registered
Eg
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In your opinion ، the strongest and daily drive k24 boost how much power (on wheel)

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,560 Posts
In your opinion ، the strongest and daily drive k24 boost how much power (on wheel)
Hehe Hamed.eg, I asked you first. Once you know what you want, I can say you what you need. It doesn't work like you want to have it, as the reliabilty is no free parameter in that game. You need to know how much miles you expect at which torque graph and what application load profile. It wouldn't be that difficult to built an 600 whp K20 engine with an stock longblock, there are many threads about this topic you can suck in your brain before you come to an conclusion for your own goal. The K24 is a bit different, around 13 mm longer rods, a higher max rod angle and therefore a higher side load at the liner wall at pressure side leads to an different reliability compared to the 86 mm stroke engine. You need to find out what you want to know what you need, not vice versa.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts